100-300 Pips Per Day Any Pair Any Timeframe Using 2 Indicators - page 15

Some other thoughts on the method. I have seen somewhere else that the CCI (21) indicator can be used in combination with the 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor for an entry signal. It could surely be used to confirm MACD when CCI leaves overbought/oversold areas at level 100 (see image).

Also, price movements are weaker when market is ranging (e.g. Bollinger bands inside Keltner channels - green circle in image). I often avoid entries in such situations although signals can still be valid. I suppose different SL/TP should be used then.

Regards.

Chamane

Files:
example_2.gif  54 kb

Hey Chamane,

This is an excellent contribution.

Can u please post your settings for Bollinger bands and Keltner channels... etc?

Thanks a lot!

/Mo

chamane:
Some other thoughts on the method. I have seen somewhere else that the CCI (21) indicator can be used in combination with the 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor for an entry signal. It could surely be used to confirm MACD when CCI leaves overbought/oversold areas at level 100 (see image).

Also, price movements are weaker when market is ranging (e.g. Bollinger bands inside Keltner channels - green circle in image). I often avoid entries in such situations although signals can still be valid. I suppose different SL/TP should be used then.

Regards.

Chamane

I use Bollinger (20-2) and Keltner (20-1.5).

Chamane

chamane:
It's funny, but I didn't get the same number 3 signals on my chart (see image) or am I missing something here?

Also, I wonder if MACD settings can be modified. I tried (3,11) instead of (11,12) and it seems to be giving signals one candle ahead on many occasions. Wouldn't that be an advantage?

Chamane

Chamane,

You did not get the same setting because it repainted. Everytime there is a new low the #3 is placed in that new low. You can see on your pic were it would have been. It still shows a number.

Thanks for trying new things. This is how we will break the code for this false set up. Is your setting Mac D 3,11,11? Lets all see if that will be an advantage.

JS

chamane:

Regards.

Chamane

Chamane,

Thanks again for taking a stab at figuring out what we can do to improve the false signals.

I think the indicators will work. Most indicators have a few that will work or give support to your buy or sell signals.

If you look at your attachment I saw the Mac D and CCI giving false signals.

What we need to do is figure out what will help us see that it might be false. Checking different time frames, Fibs, other indicators etc.

What we need to do is find a false Mac D and the signal that ended up being false needs to analized with other indicators or what have you to see what would have pervented us from taking the trade.

I'm interested in your (e.g. Bollinger bands inside Keltner channels - green circle in image). Take that same Image I sent were I show a False break out. See if Bollinger Bands would have helped. If it does Will you post a picture to explain it.

I hope you do. Would be nice for all of us to crack this. I've been working on it for awhile now. My fix is to switch to #1 trade in the 1hr and take ever S/R break through for short entries tell it ends the move.

Thanks again

JS

Files:

3 level semafor with alert

Hi joesmoe,

Indicator attached with alert. I added a tiny bit of code to the indicator from post 40 and renamed it for clarification.

waltini:
Hi joesmoe, Indicator attached with alert. I added a tiny bit of code to the indicator from post 40 and renamed it for clarification.

waltini,

Thank you for doing that.

JS

joesmoe:
Chamane,

You did not get the same setting because it repainted. Everytime there is a new low the #3 is placed in that new low. You can see on your pic were it would have been. It still shows a number.

Thanks for trying new things. This is how we will break the code for this false set up. Is your setting Mac D 3,11,11? Lets all see if that will be an advantage.

JS

I took the MACD settings (3,11,17) someone suggested for another system elsewhere (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems). But other settings can be use as well, like 5,10 (only the first two numbers are required by the MACD_4CZ_mtf I sent earlier) (see image).

joesmoe:

I'm interested in your (e.g. Bollinger bands inside Keltner channels - green circle in image). Take that same Image I sent were I show a False break out. See if Bollinger Bands would have helped. If it does Will you post a picture to explain it.

I hope you do. Would be nice for all of us to crack this. I've been working on it for awhile now. My fix is to switch to #1 trade in the 1hr and take ever S/R break through for short entries tell it ends the move.

For the Bollinger/Keltner combo, you can also use the Bollinger Squeeze v4 indicator that can be downloaded here. The standard settings are the ones I use. It gives the same information as the combo (see image).

I am following your thread closely because I get the feeling your method fits the way I want to trade. If I come up with something lese, I will certainly post it. I prefer your #2 system because I find it easier to confirm entry signals. Now I am working to weed out false entries.

Chamane

Files:
example_3.gif  97 kb

Experimenting to Date

So far I've see the three ball follow along with the extreme on EURUSD for several hours. The MACD doesn't really give a potent rebound point IMHO, and the 3 ball continues to extreme against my MACD opening position for quite a while thereafter.

Maybe someone knows how to better determine and time the 3ball extreme?

Some help

I definitely want to contribute to this thread.. I recommend

using these two indicators in combo with what you have.

Well, some already use one, the macd dot, but I recommend

settings of 3, 7, 9

and then also the istoch, that together is great... I use settings

5, 3, 12 but check other settings for your preference!

Istoch alone is not enough for me.. I prefer the macd with 3, 7 9

settings to confirm better.

qqe and zerolagstochs are both worth playing with too.

I have two macd dots on my charts right now for my setup

one is 3, 7 9 and the other is 11, 12, 11 or 8, 17, 9 depending

on tf.

There is another great indicator to use I can recommend to

everyone, RSI! Pretty simple.. an easy rsi histogram

when a pair is going up and the rsi 5 or 8 on the 5 min charts

turns down, in concert with a macd dot and super signal..

its very very solid. Vice versa on a short trend.

Some thoughts so people can find the right comb

they like.

Just my 2 cents and contribution to help the thread.

Brian

Files:
istochtxt.mq4  4 kb
macd-dot.mq4  3 kb
Reason: