Trade Perfect - page 5

Jairo or newdigital: I will try to give you my understanding of this process and you can correct me where ever I am going wrong. It seems simple to me and yet I am not having any success with this. Here goes...I click(right or left?) on the download for Metatrader EA 1.17 and put it in my metatrader folder...C:\Program\Metatrader-alpari(US)\experts. That folder now contains RAS Ex 4 File 42kb. I then click(right or left?) on the wininet dll file and put that in my MetaTrader folder...C:\program\MetaTrader-Alpari(US)\experts\libraries. That folder now contains wininet dll 6.0.2600.0 Internet Extensions for Win32. I have my Alpari (US) demo account tools/option/EA set: enable EA...allow live trading...allow dll...allow external EA. I restarted the account. I clicked...view: Navigator: EA. The only things in there are: MACD sample and Moving Average. I hope I have given you enough information to allow you to see where I made my mistake. Thank you for all your help. Jerry

How to download RAS EA and dll files.

Step by step.

Download RAS EA together with forex_tsd.dll in zip file:

Download wininet.dll file:

Can not open zip attachments?

Install Winrar WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files as it is free.

Unzip/unrar 1st file. You will receive RAS EA and forex_tsd.dll.

Place forex_tsd.dll and wininet.dll in library folder of your Metatrader's directory (for example: C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\libraries):

Place RAS EA in experts folder of your Metatrader's directory (for example: C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts).

Open Metatrader (or restart, or close and than open).

Settings of Metatrader and the settings of the RAS: see this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178803/page62

Settings of RAS EA and how to select the signals - see this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179168

Remember: you need to look at advanced stats more than on weekly pips (just a suggestion).

Files:
1103_1step.jpg  112 kb
1103_2step.jpg  102 kb
1103_3step.jpg  111 kb
1103_4step.jpg  102 kb
1103_5step.jpg  14 kb

Jairo or newdigital: OK, I have finally got a RAS smiley face on my EURUSD chart. A message pops in and out in the upper left hand side of the chart:"5 orders with very different price. 1 order already exists. 6 orders processed". What does this mean? I understand the "1 order already exist" because I can see the order on the chart. But do I have any way to see the "6 orders processed"? Also, does this EA have a built in TP/SL or do I control that? Can I close an open position manually if I choose or will that mess up the EA? Newdigital, thank you so much for your help. Jerry

Hi Jairo,

I have been running this EA for some time now and the results are excellent. Thank you for sharing this and continuing the enhancement. When you decide to charge for it, I will gladly sign up.

As I plan to go live, I have a question on the lot size. I have a live IBFXm account with 10,000 initial deposit. Leverage 400:1. What would I set the lots multiplier to in this case? Or do you suggest I change to a standard account with 100:1 leverage?

Thank you.

Nazmul

Jairo:
Hi newdigital, If I deposit $400, $400 should appear in my account. I may be wrong, but I think this is valid for any broker. With 100:1 leverage, this will allow me to buy/sell $40000 (0.4 standard lots or 4 mini lots) maximum. My equity requirement is built on the account equity, not on leverage. So if there is $4000 in a standard account, trades should not be started with lot size greater than 0.01. That is how it works. The algorithm is prepared to use margin fully and optimally with these equity to starting lots ratio. Greater than this is incresing risk of margin call.

jerryd_99:
Jairo or newdigital: OK, I have finally got a RAS smiley face on my EURUSD chart. A message pops in and out in the upper left hand side of the chart:"5 orders with very different price. 1 order already exists. 6 orders processed". What does this mean? I understand the "1 order already exist" because I can see the order on the chart. But do I have any way to see the "6 orders processed"? Also, does this EA have a built in TP/SL or do I control that? Can I close an open position manually if I choose or will that mess up the EA? Newdigital, thank you so much for your help. Jerry

6 orders process means

6 = 5 +1.

1 order was opened.

Jairo is having the other 5 orders in his platform but those orders were opened log time ago in his Metatrader.

So your RAS opened just 1 order.

Your RAS is simple repeated the trades in Jairo's Metatrader.

I think sometimes it is necessary for buyers to ask the seller/vendor about when to start ... it does not matter for old classical systems but it may be important for some martingale, or hedge or MTF any kind of.

Hi Jairo,

Would you mind telling me where is your broker location which is running through RAS as I am looking for a VPS and broker close to you? Roughly is ok, East Europe or West, East America or West. Thanx.

asam

Hi all,

I edited the summary and the first post of this thread. Just added at the end:

"As the EA may (and will) use margin intensively from time to time, it is not advisable to interfere with the trades or trade other pairs in the same account."

asam:
Hi Jairo,

Would you mind telling me where is your broker location which is running through RAS as I am looking for a VPS and broker close to you? Roughly is ok, East Europe or West, East America or West. Thanx.

asam

Hi asam,

My broker is InterbankFX, which is US based.

jerryd_99:

Hi Jerry,

Orders were opened in the signal account while you were having trouble with your settings, so the positions became misaligned. I don't know how RAS handles this situation. By the point of view of this EA, if the orders are still open in the signal account, I think it would be better if RAS opened them in yout platform, too. The prices wouldn't be the same (maybe better, maybe worse), the results wouldn't be the same, but that is inevitable if you didn't start near the beginning of a cycle. At the end of the current cycle, all orders will be closed and the next cycle will run normally. The result of the cycle may be a loss for you. That is why I recommend to start as closest as possible to the cycle starting point.

The expert has various built in TP/SL. It will not send the orders to the broker before those points are hit. Orders are closed at market prices when the moment comes.

If you close a position manually, it will not mess up the EA, but it will produce a different result in your account, as compared to the signal account. If your decision is "correct", you will improve the result, if not it will impair.

Thank you.

Regarding on cycles, is that today the beginning of a new cycle? I saw the EA close the old trades with some loss and start trading again.

Regards.

asam

Reason: