Stochastic EA - page 13

Stochastic easy and simple EA - help!

Hi everybody! I'm really liking this forum, this is my 1st post and i need your help...

I've been trading forex for a few months but i've only done it manually, wasting a lot of my time, entering trades too late or exiting them to early...

I don't know anything about coding or programing, just economics :P

anyways, I'd like to test a automatic trading system using only stochastics

my idea is very simple and goes like this:

signal crosses stoch up

-> enter long position

and the next time the signal crosses the stoch down

-> close long position; enter short position

and the next time the signal crosses the stoch up

-> close short position; enter long position

this way you don't have to worry with TP, SL, etc etc

...i probably would only add a maximum deviation from current price of one pip, or something like that, to make sure orders are carried out...

sorry about my english, hope i've made no mistakes :P

anyway, can such a EA be made? it should be kinda simple right?

if anyone of you programming gods please would built this EA for automatic trading I would be very happy i think it might be a good automatic trading system

best regards!

viperfx

viperfx:
Hi everybody! I'm really liking this forum, this is my 1st post and i need your help...

I've been trading forex for a few months but i've only done it manually, wasting a lot of my time, entering trades too late or exiting them to early...

I don't know anything about coding or programing, just economics :P

anyways, I'd like to test a automatic trading system using only stochastics

my idea is very simple and goes like this:

signal crosses stoch up

-> enter long position

and the next time the signal crosses the stoch down

-> close long position; enter short position

and the next time the signal crosses the stoch up

-> close short position; enter long position

this way you don't have to worry with TP, SL, etc etc

...i probably would only add a maximum deviation from current price of one pip, or something like that, to make sure orders are carried out...

sorry about my english, hope i've made no mistakes :P

anyway, can such a EA be made? it should be kinda simple right?

if anyone of you programming gods please would built this EA for automatic trading I would be very happy i think it might be a good automatic trading system

best regards!

viperfx

Use Google. This is an old idea. Search on MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader f.e.

hallo guys, i just found this thread and it seems promising, i'm working with EA based on BBStop lately and wondering if this stoch EA can work better with BBStop. What do u guys think?

regards

hi guys.

i've just starting trading. and quite new with EA trading.

can anyone explain what does the Magic Number do?

and i've done some backtesting on EUR/USD from January to current day. I don't seem to be able to get through those sudden drop/increase. it'll just burn through 50% of my earnings and after 3 times all earnings are gone and return to initial capital.

I've played around with S/L and trailing lost but still no good result yet.

is there any other way around? or i just have to rest on monday mornings and friday evenings?

Williams%R

What a darling you are.......I had been looking fo an EA that trades the Williams%R. Tried your baby and it is exactly what I want. Fits in nicely with my other EA's. Trades infrequently, makes a profit on a case by case trade. Wish there were more about like this one.

Many thanks.........xx (Two kisses)

whattheheck:
what does the Magic Number do?

Nothing. Really.

Ok, it limits EA to only close/modify existing trades with a specific number (OrderMagicNumber, usually you can set it in EA parameters). That number can be only set when you're opening a trade and can't be changed. Orders opened manually don't have a magic number (magic number = 0). You can see the magic number if you hover the mouse cursor over the ticket number of the trade. If there is no magic number, there won't be any tip shown, if there is a magic number, it will be shown.

Conclusion: magic number doesn't affect trading. Its made so that the EA can find its own orders and won't touch other EA's orders or manually opened orders.

Hope this helps

silumancumi:
hallo guys, i just found this thread and it seems promising, i'm working with EA based on BBStop lately and wondering if this stoch EA can work better with BBStop. What do u guys think?

I think there are three easy ways to find out:

1. Pay a programmer to make it and run a back-test.

2. Learn MQL4 and program it yourself and run a back-test.

3. Post the code on the forum and a set of rules that should be followed and wait for some programmer to code it for you for free. And run a back-test when you finally receive a working version.

Double Stoch

treuzelen:
Are you using the double stoch?

I am using double stoch as an indicator, which gives a high probability trade

Is the author of the thread still there? Made tests using plain stochastic as signal, with plain Williams%R to calculate when to close and the results were almost acceptable in timeframe 30 / EURUSD.

Is he still using it? Why Williams%R?

staceywlee:
I am using double stoch as an indicator, which gives a high probability trade

high probability? How come? Have you tested this? How do you use that doubled approach?

Hi guys, I do a backtest on Leeb EA looks promising but it cant activate any trade in my demo a/c.anyone encounter this problem?Can anyone share the double stochastic indicator?

Reason: