identifier for a manual order

Hi everyone, is there a magic number for manual orders? some on this forum have a view that by default it is zero. is it so? is there a reliable way to identify and differentiate between multiple orders placed manually?

cryptex:
Hi everyone, is there a magic number for manual orders? some on this forum have a view that by default it is zero. is it so? is there a reliable way to identify and differentiate between multiple orders placed manually?
What does your testing tell you ?

yesterday being sunday i wasn't able to send any orders :D. I will try it out with a demo account. But i am not sure if the broker's demo server and real server treat orders impartially. Raptor any other reliable way to differentiate between orders using time stamp etc.?

cryptex:
yesterday being sunday i wasn't able to send any orders :D. I will try it out with a demo account. But i am not sure if the broker's demo server and real server treat orders impartially. Raptor any other reliable way to differentiate between orders using time stamp etc.?
I don't believe there is a generic way of telling if an Order was placed manually rather than by an EA. IF an EA doesn't use a Magic Number how will the Order be different to a manually placed Order ? Of course in specific situations you can make your EA do something that can't be done manually, for example, set a Magic Number, but if you want to write an EA that can distinguish EA placed Orders from manually placed orders for all cases I think you will find it can't be done.

The Magic Number for manual orders is zero.
Reason: