Piplite v1.0 - page 11

Doubt MARSI not correct

hello to all

For Holyguy7 - mikeduk - Iron:

I ask forgiveness for my English

But I am insisting I think that the filter Marsi is not correct.

The MA is calculated on the actual price of the PAR, should be calculated on the value of RSI

in the backtest released by the Iron version 1.6 is observed that there is only Shell shops throughout the year.

The value of this MA provided between (1.900 and 2.000) aprox. the value of the pair is an average of the price

The value of RSI is between 0 and 100, but has never been below 2,000 -

is like comparing apples with pears

I again ask forgiveness for my English

Orlando

lordorly:
hello to all

For Holyguy7 - mikeduk - Iron:

I ask forgiveness for my English

But I am insisting I think that the filter Marsi is not correct.

The MA is calculated on the actual price of the PAR, should be calculated on the value of RSI

in the backtest released by the Iron version 1.6 is observed that there is only Shell shops throughout the year.

The value of this MA provided between (1.900 and 2.000) aprox. the value of the pair is an average of the price

The value of RSI is between 0 and 100, but has never been below 2,000 -

is like comparing apples with pears

I again ask forgiveness for my English

Orlando

Hi lordorly, you are absolutely correct, this was overlooked when I added the code originally. Please see my previous post for the fix.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Mike

Problem in MARSI Cross Code!!

Morning All,

Both Iron and Lordorly have spotted a pretty major problem with the MARSI cross code previously added in v1.6 that when enabled it will only enter sell's and never enter a buy.

The MA on the chart provided by HolyGuy is calculated on the RSI, NOT the PRICE, where in the code the MA was being calculated on the PRICE and not the RSI. This of course meant that the MA value would always be lower than the RSI value and therefore according to the entry rules, never allow a BUY.

I've fixed the problem in this version of the EA, it now calculates the MA on the RSI rather than the price, I've done a fair amount of testing with this this morning and it appears to be working correctly now.

All parameters are the same as they were before.

Iron: Perhaps you can take a look at the changes and if happy merge them into a V1.7 of the branch? I've also added some additional items into the EA's comment section to show the status of each component signal, it was helping me debug and might be useful to others?

Cheers

Mike

Gordi:
Hello @ All

How exactly does the time filter work? Can you give an example for the dayhourmin format ?

Hi Gordi,

The time filter simply stops multiple trades within a certain number of seconds (set via the Minimum_Entry_Delay param = the number of seconds to wait).

For example, if you wanted the code to wait 5 min's between trades you would simply set Minimum_Entry_Delay to (60 * 5 = 300) seconds.

The idea being that if the market is moving quickly then we dont want to enter loads of trades quickly.

Hope this helps

Mike

Mike,

I am doing forward testing using piplite 1.5. I did see buy and sell orders.

is there some sort of new code that 1.6 has but 1.5 does not?

Hi Kwkee,

Yes, v1.6 added some new code to check that an MA was above/below an RSI line before entering the market, there was however a problem with the MA calculation (calculated on PRICE rather than RSI) which stopped buy orders.

You can see the spec of the change HERE and the recent change to fix the code HERE.

This version also includes a time filter that does not allow multiple trades within a certain number of seconds. It can of course be disabled if needed.

Cheers

Mike

kwkee:
Mike,

I am doing forward testing using piplite 1.5. I did see buy and sell orders.

is there some sort of new code that 1.6 has but 1.5 does not?

Just few hours ago. I think there was a surge in euro/gbp (surge up) and usd/jpy(surge down)

That sudden surge took out nearly 30 percent of my account size (from $1615 0.01 lots, 1pip=1cent ---> $1129). I have stop the EA.

Is there some sort of stop loss in Piplite 1.5? Or is it that it will hedge only up to certain steps and then after that it will cut loss?

I was running Blessing 2 v4.3 in another demo account and it took that surge as if it was "business as usual" by hedging according to the multiplier (set at 1.4). No issue for Blessing, but Piplite took a permanent 30% loss.

Hope someone can explain the exit strategy of Piplite.

Piplite Issues and Changes

All,

I really love to see all the action here with Piplite. I'm not the brightest bulb on the shelf so it's great to see others thinking about improvements. I want to address some questions that are out there. I started Piplite with the idea that this was a lite version of Pipmaker. I wanted to keep just one entry decision indicator and concentrate on protection. Unfortunately, I had to add Fisher because recent market conditions dictated a different entry decision process. Well, this version is growing in size so I'm going to make a decision so not increase the complexity of this EAs with more and more decision variables. Fisher is going away. Mikeduk's MARSI Cross is staying along with his timing filter. My addition of trend RSI protection stays as well.

Piplite works best in "reverse". As the market goes long, it places short orders and vs versa. It does this until a profit potential occurs and increase subsequent orders through a martingale strategy. Trend will kill an EA like this so entries, both timing and spacing, need to be managed. Piplite had an autospacing feature but not an autotiming feature. It does now. Piplite didn't have protection against overbought or oversold markets, it does now. PROTECTION is the key to running an EA such as Piplite. You must protect your hard earned dollars. Turn on Equity Protection and set it at 50%. Set your initial balance correctly. If you are starting out, you do have the potential of losing up to 50% of that BUT, as time goes on and you double your initial investment, you will be trading with broker money!

Piplite takes long to backtest so if you want to use it, use the set files at the beginning of this thread. They have been backtested. You can't be afraid of a 49% drawdown; afterall, you told Piplite to use 50%. 30% drawdown is nothing for this EA so you can't be scared if you see it. If you close out the trades, YOU have lost money! If you let Piplite work, it will close out in a profit. Stopping the EA from doing it's work is not the fault of the EA if your account falls 30% and YOU close the trade for a loss.

v1.7 will come out shortly after a complete backtest on GBPUSD along with a new set file. I have found a small, shining light in this latest set of version changes that I will share once I can confirm it. Additionally, I will give a readers digest version on entry protections and exit parameters in my next post. Expect a new version soon...

Happy Trading

v/r

lron:
All,

Piplite takes long to backtest so if you want to use it, use the set files at the beginning of this thread. They have been backtested. You can't be afraid of a 49% drawdown; afterall, you told Piplite to use 50%. 30% drawdown is nothing for this EA so you can't be scared if you see it. If you close out the trades, YOU have lost money! If you let Piplite work, it will close out in a profit. Stopping the EA from doing it's work is not the fault of the EA if your account falls 30% and YOU close the trade for a loss.

v/r

Hi Iron,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I would like to clarify the above however. What happen to me is that Piplite 1.5 actually CLOSE OUT the trades resulting in a permanent 30% loss. It is not a DD and neither did I close out the trades myself.

So I was wondering if there is some sort of stop loss built into PipLite that once hit, it will closes all trades by itself.

lron:
All,

I really love to see all the action here with Piplite. I'm not the brightest bulb on the shelf so it's great to see others thinking about improvements. I want to address some questions that are out there. I started Piplite with the idea that this was a lite version of Pipmaker. I wanted to keep just one entry decision indicator and concentrate on protection. Unfortunately, I had to add Fisher because recent market conditions dictated a different entry decision process. Well, this version is growing in size so I'm going to make a decision so not increase the complexity of this EAs with more and more decision variables. Fisher is going away. Mikeduk's MARSI Cross is staying along with his timing filter. My addition of trend RSI protection stays as well.

Piplite works best in "reverse". As the market goes long, it places short orders and vs versa. It does this until a profit potential occurs and increase subsequent orders through a martingale strategy. Trend will kill an EA like this so entries, both timing and spacing, need to be managed. Piplite had an autospacing feature but not an autotiming feature. It does now. Piplite didn't have protection against overbought or oversold markets, it does now. PROTECTION is the key to running an EA such as Piplite. You must protect your hard earned dollars. Turn on Equity Protection and set it at 50%. Set your initial balance correctly. If you are starting out, you do have the potential of losing up to 50% of that BUT, as time goes on and you double your initial investment, you will be trading with broker money!

v1.7 will come out shortly after a complete backtest on GBPUSD along with a new set file. I have found a small, shining light in this latest set of version changes that I will share once I can confirm it. Additionally, I will give a readers digest version on entry protections and exit parameters in my next post. Expect a new version soon...

Happy Trading

v/r

Thank you for your big work and to share it

un6oitil