Piplite v1.0 - page 7

kobusr:
I've been using the Piplite V1.0 Indicator on FXDD (live account) for testing purposes. Deposited $200 into the account on Monday the 1st of December, and today my account is sitting on $303.22 I do not stop trades manually, i just let the ea run and make pips. It's currently buying 0.01 lots, how do I change the EA so that it can buy/sell 0.02 lots? Keep up the great work and happy pippin!

I ran V1.0 and was up to 185 pips profit then when the stock market took a major downturn, my balance in one day ended at 3 pips profit. The Piplite cannot handle a major trend. It is good for a ranging market, but not a trending market.

Dave

Is there an Indicator? I downloaded a bunch of em' but none were named v1.0?..there is a v1.5 EA on the opening post however...

ES

kobusr:
I've been using the Piplite V1.0 Indicator on FXDD (live account) for testing purposes. Deposited $200 into the account on Monday the 1st of December, and today my account is sitting on $303.22 I do not stop trades manually, i just let the ea run and make pips. It's currently buying 0.01 lots, how do I change the EA so that it can buy/sell 0.02 lots? Keep up the great work and happy pippin!

V1.0 refers to the Piplite V1.0 EA.

thanks,

is there an indicator to put both (RSI and MA) in the same window?

regards!

holyguy7:
I believe it would be a good idea to make an improvement to the EA.

My idea is this: Before Piplite places an order, it must confirm using a combined RSI and MA indicators.

My idea is simple:

ONLY place BUY orders when the RED MA line (10) is BELOW the BLUE RSI line (14).

ONLY place SELL orders when the RED MA line (10 is ABOVE the BLUE RSI line (14).

Set the indicator to either the M30 or H1 chart.

This helps reduce Draw Down during trending like we are seeing now.

All other rules stay the same.

You will notice by the screen shot that this would have reduced down greatly the number of orders and DD.

What do you all think?

Landi:
thanks,

is there an indicator to put both (RSI and MA) in the same window?

regards!

Please, read this: Secrets of the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal: Indicators - MQL4 Articles

Dave137:
I ran V1.0 and was up to 185 pips profit then when the stock market took a major downturn, my balance in one day ended at 3 pips profit. The Piplite cannot handle a major trend. It is good for a ranging market, but not a trending market. Dave

Hi Dave, just curious, were you trading Piplite on multiple pairs as suggested in the portion control section of Irons document?

And was the max loss % set? The system should have stopped you out at say 50% depending on the setting.

holyguy7:
I think it will stop us out too often. Better to keep risk relatively low to start. I like the idea of adding only when indicator tells us because it keeps us out of trendy times and only places multiple orders in rangy environment. This is where Marts shine anyhow. The only thing that kills Marts is trending.

Yes I suspect that would probably be the case.. I'm curious to see how your suggestions would alter the retracements/profit taking.

I think I'll look at adding them into my EA (based on Pipmaker not Piplite but has much of the same idea Iron suggested) and see what happens or maybe into Piplite if Iron does not object?

holyguy7:

ONLY place BUY orders when the RED MA line (10) is BELOW the BLUE RSI line (14).

ONLY place SELL orders when the RED MA line (10 is ABOVE the BLUE RSI line (14).

Hi HG,

Couple of questions,

1) the RSI used in your confirmation, is that using the same period that Piplite is using in the signal code? i.e. Adaptive RSI using RSI_Bars as the period? Or a normal RSI using a seperate number of bars?

2) is the MA a simple moving average or exponential?

From looking through Iron's code it appears as though the system currently does not enter any grid trades unless the currenty requirements are met, I have not seen this before, it may be present in later versions of PipMaker. Do you find this an overall advantage to the system?

I'm considering adding it into my version, as currently mine re-enters the market only based on trade spacing and does not require the trade direction to match the current trade.

Anyway, I can give you a modified version of PipLite with the new filter one you confirm the RSI and MA settings. Assuming Iron does not want to add them in himself.

1) the RSI used in your confirmation, is that using the same period that Piplite is using in the signal code? i.e. Adaptive RSI using RSI_Bars as the period? Or a normal RSI using a seperate number of bars?

The timeframe of the RSI and the MA would have to be another variable. This can be hardcoded into the EA. I am not sure if M30 or H1 timeframes would be best, but one or the other would probably work best. I was just using the Relative Strength Index already found built into MT4 under Indicators (not custom indicators).

2) is the MA a simple moving average or exponential?

This would be just a SIMPLE MA. The MA I used in my screenshot was the Moving Average already built into MT4 under indicators (not custom indicators).

To mimic what I did on the screen shot simple do this:

1. Open up a chart like EURGBP H1.

2. Double click on Relative Strength Index found in Indicators under Navigation.

3. Under Parameter tab, Make sure Period is set to 14. Click OK.

4. Go to the Indicators again and look for Moving Averages and click on it.

5. Drag it onto the RSI indicator (below the chart) and let go.

6. Set Period to 10.

7. Under Apply to, Choose First Indicator's Data at the bottom.

8. Click OK

There you have it. I hope that helps.

mikeduk:
Hi Dave, just curious, were you trading Piplite on multiple pairs as suggested in the portion control section of Irons document? And was the max loss % set? The system should have stopped you out at say 50% depending on the setting.

I ran this using EURUSD, GBPUSD on 5-Min using default settings, except two internal settings were changed from 0.01 to 0.1 lot size.

Dave

Reason: