Piplite v1.0 - page 13

limiting piplite trading times

how can i set the following trading times on piplite

day1 start trade 22:00pm till 2:00am end trade on day2 ( eg 4hrs trade between GMT days)

or

day1 start trade 7:00am till 9:00am end trade on day1 same day ( eg 2hrs same day trade)

hope it makes sense

Is StartTime and EndTime working for Piplite 1.0 and pipmaker v 15?

Hello,

Is StartTime and EndTime working for Piplite 1.0 and pipmaker v 15?

I'm using IBFX

I'm trying to trade EURGPB only in Asia hours

for EURGPB I have used

StartTime 230101

EndTime 40101

Piplite ignored it.

Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly?

I would like to END trading Friday at 10 AM to avoid gaps.

How do you set this up?

Test 2 1AM - 2AM

StartTime 1

EndTime 2

currect server time is 21:37:11

And it still entered the trade

Test 3 1AM - 2AM

StartTime 10000

EndTime 20000

currect server time is 21:37:11

And it still entered the trade

Thanks,

-J-

Nice ea

Nice result from this EA, i used Pipmaker v15, piplite multiple 10 p (Live acc) with lot = 0.01. nice-nice......

Timetrading Feature

I'm working on adding a timetrading feature to piplite. I've coded and EA that works fantastic in the European market and the code is very simple. I am also considering adding a no trade on Fridays and Sundays Feature as well.

As for trading with the trend, Piplite trades against the trend if reverse is set to true. This is where it trades best. I have several projects going on at the moment so I hope folks can take a little time and backtest Piplite with the new features that have already been added. Cooperate and graduate!

Happy Trading

v/r

Hi Jeff,

I have problem open trade with this EA, trying but not running at all, what is the basic setting?

Watch those Portion sizes!

I have been in this thread for 3 days and have started to trade Piplite on demo. I considered this as a counterweight to Blessing 2 as it is for trends. I misunderstood the Portion size field, thinking that portion size of 1 = $2500. So I traded 3 pairs on a $7500 demo account and assigned each a portion size of 1. BIG MISTAKE! Thank goodness for DEMO trading!.

The run on the EUDGBP hit an EP with half the account being wiped out, as the pair thought it had the full portion of 7500 and stopped all trading at 3750. It was trading lots at 3 times the size that it should have.

However, the set file on EURGBP should be looked at as even with the right portion size of 3, the EP would have been triggered with 1250 being lost of the 2500 in available funds for that pair. I saw that it had as high as 12 sells on for that pair before it stopped trading.

correct setting

Hi Jeff,

I have problem open trade with this EA, trying but not running at all, what is the basic setting?

I hate to say it but Piplite needs some help. Seems DrawDown just happens way too much. My risk is 10X smaller than what is recommended and I am setting on a Draw Down of 17%. The Max Draw Down is over 30%. Currently, I have been running the EA for 5 weeks now.

Seems it needs some directional (trend) guidance to only trade with the overall trend.

I am going to stop testing this EA until it is fixed.

Sorry

holyguy7:
I hate to say it but Piplite needs some help. Seems DrawDown just happens way too much. My risk is 10X smaller than what is recommended and I am setting on a Draw Down of 17%. The Max Draw Down is over 30%. Currently, I have been running the EA for 5 weeks now.

Seems it needs some directional (trend) guidance to only trade with the overall trend.

I am going to stop testing this EA until it is fixed.

Sorry

Unfortunately you're right.

Piplite is nothing more than a abortion of PipMaker.

hello Iron and to everyone. I congratulate you for this great EA . I just wanted to comment on that version 1.6 is perfect, but the 1.7 does not work on my broker, because only works with lots of 0.1 and above. As the legend goes that puts "starting lot size: 0.01" and that there is no way to change it. On the backtest it says "ordersend error 4051" and in the version 1.6 that is not happening. You could fix it?

(Sorry for my bad translation from English)

Thank you very much for sharing.

Reason: