Piplite v1.0 - page 9

mikeduk:
Hi Kwkee, you might want to check your Journal to make sure there are no errors listed.

as mentioned, I have two pairs runnning

The Euro/GBP pair has started trading. This one uses preset file given.

The USD.JPY pair has no trade even after 12 hours. Not sure why. i use the default setting for this one. No errors also. Anyone knows the problem here?

Thanks

New Version

All,

A new version is attached here. This is MIKEDUK's addition encorporating into the version numbering scheme. Code was slightlymodified to stay in style with the current coding. MIKEDUK's logic was not altered in any way!

Thanks to HolyGuy7 for suggestions and MIKEDUK picking up the ball for the additional code.

Happy Trading

v/r

lron:
Thanks to HolyGuy7 for suggestions and MIKEDUK picking up the ball for the additional code.

Thank you all for this excellent piece of work. I think as long as we all keep risk low, we should have an EA ready to go live and make money consistently, plus, the ability to let us all sleep at night.

My goal on this EA and others is to make consistent profits while keeping Maximum Draw Down very low. I think we now have that. All we need to do is optimize now to fine the best settings. In my opinion, all we would have to to is optimize from September 1 to now would be all we would need as the massive trending has take place through this time. We know that ranging only makes this EA money, what we need to be concerned with is extreme trending. I think with the RSI changes, we have it covered now and can work on optimization of the best risk to reward settings.

Thanks all and keep forward testing.

kwkee:

The USD.JPY pair has no trade even after 12 hours. Not sure why. i use the default setting for this one. No errors also. Anyone knows the problem here?

Thanks

Not sure to be honest, as I say, I am not running the EA here so I am not sure if it should have been trading recently.

I'll add it on there now and see what it does. You are using 1.5?

lron:
All,

A new version is attached here. This is MIKEDUK's addition encorporating into the version numbering scheme. Code was slightlymodified to stay in style with the current coding. MIKEDUK's logic was not altered in any way!

Happy Trading

v/r

Thanks Iron, always good to keep the code base well managed and maintain proper version control!

holyguy7:
Thank you all for this excellent piece of work. I think as long as we all keep risk low, we should have an EA ready to go live and make money consistently, plus, the ability to let us all sleep at night.

No problem. I was thinking about your other suggestion of adding a time spacing so that multiple entries wont be triggered in a fast moving market.

Sounds reasonable, but then it might miss out trades needed to recover the overall trade.

What do you think? I dont mind adding it if people think its worthwhile

extern string TimeGridSet = "Default grid set time in seconds";

extern int TimeGrid = 2400; // Time Grid in seconds , to avoid opening of lots of levels in fast market

kwkee:

Thanks

Ok..I knew what is the problem now.

The default setting has

Trendprotect = true

Use ARSI = false

User fisher = true.

When I use the above setting on the USD/JPY, the pair refuse to trade even after two days.

The I set it to the oppsoite

Trendprotect = false

Use ARSI = true

User fisher = false

The pair started trading immediately.

Any reasons why?

mikeduk:
No problem. I was thinking about your other suggestion of adding a time spacing so that multiple entries wont be triggered in a fast moving market.

Sounds reasonable, but then it might miss out trades needed to recover the overall trade.

What do you think? I dont mind adding it if people think its worthwhile

extern string TimeGridSet = "Default grid set time in seconds";

extern int TimeGrid = 2400; // Time Grid in seconds , to avoid opening of lots of levels in fast market

I like this idea. Basically, setting it for orders every 1/2 hour is not that bad and in ranging markets will be to no effect. It only effects things when fast (news) trending happens. Then, I think we will be glad we had it. If you can add it, I think it would be another protector against fast trending.

Backtest on new version

All,

I spent most of the day backtesting v1.6. Boy, we've more than doubled the profit on the GBPUSD. Please look at the attached backtests. One was from v1.3 and todays backtest on v1.6. The short of it is this:

Profit factor is now 2.04 up from 1.67

Drawdown is now 37% down from 44%.

I attached the set file on the first page here.

Piplite is a bear to backtest but this simple addition from MIKEDUK created much better entries allowing us to move back to the aRSI as the primary entry decision backed up by the MARSI Cross. Fisher is really out of the picture now for trade entry so I might consider removing this option.

As far as adding a time delay, I believe MARSI cross itself will prevent the fast moving market problem. The most recent backtest allows us to reduce the aRSI bars down to 10 and increase the profit skew to 8, up from 3.5.

Equity Protection was never touched and profits grew steadily. I hate to add more cross checks as I think we might have found a good cross checking series of indicators from just basic MT4 indicators. I believe that incorporating the aRSI indicator into Piplite and removing Fisher will make this a more self-contained, reliable EA. Thoughts?

Happy Trading

v/r

lron:
All,

I spent most of the day backtesting v1.6. Boy, we've more than doubled the profit on the GBPUSD. Please look at the attached backtests. One was from v1.3 and todays backtest on v1.6. The short of it is this:

Profit factor is now 2.04 up from 1.67

Drawdown is now 37% down from 44%.

I attached the set file on the first page here.

Piplite is a bear to backtest but this simple addition from MIKEDUK created much better entries allowing us to move back to the aRSI as the primary entry decision backed up by the MARSI Cross. Fisher is really out of the picture now for trade entry so I might consider removing this option.

As far as adding a time delay, I believe MARSI cross itself will prevent the fast moving market problem. The most recent backtest allows us to reduce the aRSI bars down to 10 and increase the profit skew to 8, up from 3.5.

Equity Protection was never touched and profits grew steadily. I hate to add more cross checks as I think we might have found a good cross checking series of indicators from just basic MT4 indicators. I believe that incorporating the aRSI indicator into Piplite and removing Fisher will make this a more self-contained, reliable EA. Thoughts?

Happy Trading

v/r

Please run a IBFX Strategy Backtest from 9/5/2008 to 12/9/2008 using H1 GBPUSD. I would like to see your results and compare them to mine if you would be so kind to do this.

Dave

<<<

Reason: