CABLE Doji Straddle - page 3

Mano:
@primajaya, thank you.

Can you please add:

-Show_Signal: TRUE/FALSE (will turn off/on the doji signal from the chart)

-MTF_TF: 1m, 5m, 15m and so on....(will let us monitor the tf we want to trade the dojis)

-m-

Like This,...

Files:

PJ, Sir...

primajaya:
Oh... I have edit your indicator please take a look at..

You're a goddamn GENIUS!

This works perfectly now, although I can't see any change in the code you ammended in my indi, from that in your original. Strange... maybe some anomally on my end.

To keep you guys posted, I have an EA in trial. I will post it shortly once it has been corrected.

PJ, if you don't mind... I would like to use some of your code in the EA. I will make sure you are properly credited.

I will test over the weekend and let you know.

Mano, you are right... works better with 10-15 pips.

Speak with you after the weekend

doji ea

can you give us a time frame when you will be through with ea and be able to post it. thanks a bunch.texan

There's some details that need to be ironed out

Hi Texan,

There's a few details that need to be ironed out with the logic and i'm no programming expert so it's taking me quite a bit of time through trial and error and cutting and pasting from other EA's to get it to do what I need it to do.

I have no definitive timeframe, but in the mean time, you can manually back test the theory on the first page and then through your demo account...

Or did you just want someone else to do all the hardwork for you? ;p

hard work

no . i will be glad to test out the link on the first page. I am using the alert and it works fine. . . i have been trading several yrs .....i am73 yrs old and not a programer. thaks for your time.thanks again TEXAN

EA first draft

Hi All,

I have a first draft of the EA and includes some money management features. It is a first attempt and as I am not a programmer, I expect there are no end of errors. It appears to work quite well, but obviously needs work.

Try this on a 15 minute chart on Cable... NOT TO BE USED LIVE!!!!

Please provide feedback and additions or suggestions for features... Any coders, I would appreciate a little critique and some points for improvement.

Files:
magic_doji.mq4  10 kb

Problem with EA

Hi Limstylz. I have a problem with EA. I got this message 2008.10.07 17:17:41 Magic Doji EURJPY,M15: invalid ticket for OrderClose function

every 10 sec. Can you fix this? Thank you!

Its a minor detail

blackhell:
Hi Limstylz. I have a problem with EA. I got this message 2008.10.07 17:17:41 Magic Doji EURJPY,M15: invalid ticket for OrderClose function every 10 sec. Can you fix this? Thank you!

Hi blackhell, thanks for trying this EA. This is a minor detail amongst a myriad of other issues and is way down on my list of things to fix...

Basically its attempting to close a trade but either can't find it or the close details for that specific trade are incorrect.

Also, I haven't tried this on anything other than GBPUSD, so although its not specifically coded to a particular currency pair, there may be something else that is causing it to fail on EURJPY... most likely the fact that any JPY pair requires 2 decimal places rather than 4 or 5 (depending on broker). Needless to say, it works ok with the pair its been tested on.

In the mean time, what I'd really like is for some senior coders to take a look and advise me how I can correct and ammend the various other issues with it.

Pj-Doji's EA

I code it last night,

I'm sure there still a lot of things to do especially with the logic trade, to make this method / ea profitable..

Pj

Files:
pj-dojis.mq4  4 kb

limsk Ea

i have it on 15 min gbp but it wont place thr trades. erro message about closing trade. need your help. tthanks for all the hard work..........TEXAN

Reason: