Jet's Personal Trading Journal - page 7

I am still around. I have not made a single trade all month. I am sitting on the side lines waiting for market volatility to decrease...

You and me are both chilling on the sidelines.

So any new thoughts on your strategy?

I have lots of thoughts. I am doing PH.D. in Physics but at the same time I am reading lots of scientific material on financial risk. I have lots of things I want to see at work (such as Black-Scholes equation in action). I have to write it myself, unfortunately.

I am writing DLLs. I am discovering how much MT4 suck. Exporting quotes from MT4 is done in the most stupid way. There is no control that I have found over the amount of quote export. It just does what it wants.

I am super busy. That why I am not having more time to post and I am still not trading. Haven't made a trade in almost two months.

Kenny Rogers:
You and me are both chilling on the sidelines. So any new thoughts on your strategy?

Good luck in your studies. You should be very proud to get a PhD in physics. A good education is the foundation for better things to come. Congrats and take it easy.

Forex trading systems

In this forex trading the main things are been considered as short cut tips to trading from online.And There are a large number of such forex trading systems that are completely ... A good system will tap in to longer term patterns and the potential for ...

I ended 2008 with 2.4% return. This was my return at the end of September and so I ended the year much better than most investors/traders. Consensus seems to be that it has been a brutal year for most money managers. October is when the markets became a bit too crazy for me. This is why I stopped trading. Liquidity (slippage), and spreads were too high. I think it was the prudent thing to do. While I was waiting for the markets to calm down, I did much technical work which needed to be done in order to advance my way of trading into a less time consuming endeavor. I have been writing custom indicators. I have not advanced much in terms of end products, but the wheels are rolling. I have found the direction in which I would like to develop my trading.

The new year has brought with it decent liquidity and subsided market panic. So, I am back in the saddle. I don't have the amount of time I need to trade full swing (the 28 currency pairs I was trading before) due to my time consuming physics research. Whatever time I have outside of my day job will be largely devoted to enhancing my increasing the automation of my strategy. What does it mean? It means I will have time to trade only a few currency pairs. I will trade EURUSD and GBPJPY and possibly AUDNZD or CADCHF. As I automate my system further and further and it takes me less and less time to make an evaluation, the number of pairs will increase.

That's it for now. Done with the theory. Now let's see how things pan out in practice.

show us your strategy

with MT4 charts that is consistent with the transaction shown

Do you want the key to my bank account where I keep all of my money too?

xx3xxx:
show us your strategy with MT4 charts that is consistent with the transaction shown
Reason: