Jet's Personal Trading Journal - page 2

Thanks!

Still waaay too early to make conclusions. I have not ramped the strategy up all the way to 24 simultaneous takes on the 24 currency pairs I'm trading...

Will increase exposure gradually. I am almost there.

Mr.Marketz:
Keep it up, Jet. The results are looking pretty good so far.

Little action today...

Files:
picture_4.png  9 kb

You sure picked one hell of a week to start your journal. Good luck.

Yep. I figure if I get through the recent volatility without tanking, I'll be alright. Have to not rush things.

jbfx:
You sure picked one hell of a week to start your journal. Good luck.

Well, on the IBFX charts there was a huge spike on NZDJPY ... check out the H4 chart. That took out my target. So theoretically my trade should have hit its target. However, 10 hours later they have reinstated my trade and removed my profit. Anyway, today's results...

Files:

What happened this week? ATR decreased by a lot this week. I wanted to be cautious so I entered with broad stops and therefore broad targets. Many of my trades didn't close this week and I have been riding them all week. Until there is resolution about the bail out from congress, I think this lack of movement in the fx market may remain. Many trades are standing on the side lines waiting. While the week has been slightly positive, the last few days I have been losing, but the losses have been small relative to the total amount that I am risking daily. I can live with that. I won't be pushing on more trades for profit. Eventually the fx market will find direction again and volatility will subside with the ATR being more stable. Remember the days when carry trades went up and up and up week after week? And the USD was losing value week after week after week? These sort of movements will be back. Things will calm down. In the mean time, we can be satisfied with small profits. My trades for the week did better than the Dow and the SP500 portfolio of stocks. Nothing to complain about.

Files:

Not a bad trading day today.

I may group my daily charts to contain 4 weeks of data from now on, which will put today's performance on a different chart. I will notify if this is what I end up doing.

Files:
picture_2.png  11 kb

I think it is much easier if you just use a table format, and then just publish the daily % change, and the overall monthly % change. This is simple to view and gives the readers as much information as they need.

Date | % Daily Change | % Monthly Change

Like if I look at your chart right now, I would have no idea what your total monthly return is at the moment. I may only have an idea that you are positive.

BTW, your trading is looking good.

Good point. I will see what I can do.

jbfx:
I think it is much easier if you just use a table format, and then just publish the daily % change, and the overall monthly % change. This is simple to view and gives the readers as much information as they need.

Date | % Daily Change | % Monthly Change

Like if I look at your chart right now, I would have no idea what your total monthly return is at the moment. I may only have an idea that you are positive.

BTW, your trading is looking good.

jet:
Good point. I will see what I can do.

See how you fancy something like this. I whipped it up a while ago... no fancy bells and whistles, just straight to the point. I put in a few numbers for you to see how it's laid out. Also, click on the chart tab to get a visual.

... results are looking good, keep at it.

Let me know if this helps.

MM

Files:
trading_log.zip  296 kb
Reason: