3 in a box plus 2 ends - page 4

Very nice development there masemus. I've yet to try out other pairs to trade but Cable certainly would be one of them ...

I've updated the first post with another version of the CustomCandle indicator sent to me by mankurt, the author of the original CustomCandle indicator. He has added a shift setting property to experiment with. The new indicator is called CC_Shift.

thank you Sadly, Thank you, Mikko

Jp.Candlestick patterns proved work good independent of diff. broker times; time shift - pretty nice feature - i believe, should be very good with Sadly Patterns

just food(foot) of thought (old indi - 3 price Chan +atr stops)

Seems good for scalping with small lot like 0.01-0.05 w/trailing 15-20pips. But i think theres no need for a m1 chart and installing m5+m15 custom candles, simply changed to m5 and removed the m5custom candle.

like this.

Thanks a lot Mr Sadly..... hope you are make people happy!

Can anyone code EA for this, think it will be fun to backtesting

Files:
scalpm5.gif  29 kb

dznmrd:
Seems good for scalping with small lot like 0.01-0.05 w/trailing 15-20pips. But i think theres no need for a m1 chart and installing m5+m15 custom candles, simply changed to m5 and removed the m5custom candle.

like this.

Please give further explanation how you scalp with the 5/15 minute candles. If possible can you attach your templatealso. Thanks

fxbs:
just food(foot) of thought (old indi - 3 price Chan +atr stops)

Good stuff! Perhaps it can be worked in somehow ...

dznmrd:

like this.

The reason I prefer to use the template is that the CustomCandles sit inside each other very neatly rather than spilling out. It's just something I prefer to see but as you say it's not necessary to use the template, only necessary to follow the trade setups.

An EA is beyond me I'm afraid so unless there's a kind soul out there that thinks it's worth a go, the indicator is our only option. Nice idea though ...

Here is how I traded it on Friday. Now before anyone mentions it I know I broke the rules (and paid for it!) but as you'll see, it worked out fine and dandy in the end ...

I've marked out the trade setups as I saw them, the reason I mention that is because of the doji pattern mentioned in an earlier post and on whether or not to include it in the trade setup. As you'll see, it would have been better (this time around) to exclude doji's ... we'll have to see how this works out in the future.

Looking at the images, my first trade came at 9:15 which I've marked out correctly as a 3 in a box trade setup and labled #1. Unfortunately this trade didn;t work out for me (don't you just hate it when the first trade of the day end -ve?) and it's also at this point that I broke a rule (of sorts) as I took the next 15 min candle as being 3 in a box only this time the middle candle was a doji. Still, the way things are heading with EURUSD right now I thought I'd take it as being overall bearish so I took the short, labled as #2. As you can see, the next trade setup came 15 mins later with another 3 in a box setup (labled #3) and this time up it went, erasing the first 2 trades losses completely - nice. Now, looking back at these trades I can see that I should not have exited the inital long trade and taken the second trade short as the second trade wasn't actually a short trade setup because of the doji but of course in the heat of the moment things like that may happen and I suppose I was too eager in the knowledge that EURUSD has been getting battered recently. Anyhow, had I followed the rules the trade would have been spot on.

The next trade (labled #4) was a 2-ends trade which worked out just as we like them too, hitting 68 pips before bouncing and leaving the trade 34 pips in profit. The next trade was another 2-ends trade (#5) but was quickly killed off with yet another 2-ends trade in the other direction (#6) which was stopped out. The result of this was -6 and -14 respectively.

The next trade (#7, the last I made that day) hit 79 pips before coming off a little. I closed this for 71 pips.

One the chart I also drawn a white line which links up the trade setups as they should have been traded which would have been even more profitable had it not been for the little panic I had after the first trade of the morning.

So then, what to do about this flaming doji?

Files:

aelimian:
Please give further explanation how you scalp with the 5/15 minute candles. If possible can you attach your templatealso. Thanks

I haven't started using this system yet, just found out about it this weekend, but it looks good enough to trade on a demo and will test the results this week.

If it works well, i think its worth trading on small lots. So i can trade normally using higher TF and also spend my free time trading small size like 0.01-0.05 on this system.

Heres the template.

scalp_m5.rar

Files:
scalp_m5.rar  912 kb
Reason: