3 in a box plus 2 ends - page 5

Sadly:
The reason I prefer to use the template is that the CustomCandles sit inside each other very neatly rather than spilling out. It's just something I prefer to see but as you say it's not necessary to use the template, only necessary to follow the trade setups. An EA is beyond me I'm afraid so unless there's a kind soul out there that thinks it's worth a go, the indicator is our only option. Nice idea though ...

Heres an EA for ya!

Here's an EA.

I realized that there really is no need for a 15M candlestick. You just need to look for the specific 5M candlestick patterns:

Three long/short bars in a row

Two long/short bars in a row which breaks the high/low of the third bar.

three_in_a_box.mq4

Special Thanks to Ronald Raygun from FF for the EA.

Files:

Sadly, would be good idea to change old template and put one with indis, one without

for some reason old template has too many old (leftover) trendlines, which sometimes interfere with indis work

dznmrd:
Heres an EA for ya!

three_in_a_box.mq4

Special Thanks to Ronald Raygun from FF for the EA.

Top banana! Nice one chaps ... the fun begins here, right?

fxbs:
Sadly, would be good idea to change old template and put one with indis, one without for some reason old template has too many old (leftover) trendlines, which sometimes interfere with indis work

How do I do that? Let me know and I'll do it. What I did initially was save the template the upload it. Mind you, perhaps it doesn't need a template after all but rather just the rules? What do other think about this? Should we bin the template and just keep the rules and the CC_Shift indicator only?

Sadly:
Top banana! Nice one chaps ... the fun begins here, right?

heheheh, now i've loaded 15 pairs on m5 and letting the EA run on demo, lets see the forward test results. And im excited to know how it goes!

dznmrd:
heheheh, now i've loaded 15 pairs on m5 and letting the EA run on demo, lets see the forward test results. And im excited to know how it goes!

I know just how you feel

I ran the EA quickly to see what's in store and also put the CC_Shift indicators on the chart, set at 15 and 5. It appears that the EA may not be adhering to the rules, taking trades during the formation of the 15 min candle. Anyone seeing the same?

dznmrd:
I realized that there really is no need for a 15M candlestick. You just need to look for the specific 5M candlestick patterns:

Three long/short bars in a row

Two long/short bars in a row which breaks the high/low of the third bar.

Ah! This is were the problem lies. 3-in-a-box relies on the 15 min candle for overall direction and not just any two or three 5 min candles.

The logic behind 3-in-a-box + 2-ends is that we take the 15 min trend and look into the smaller resolution of 5 mins to how the 15 min candle is 'made up'. We then apply the rules:-

- Do we have three 5 min candles which agree with the 15 min candle direction (the 3-in-a-box trade setup);

or

- Do the last two 5 min candles agree with the 15 min candle direction (the 2-ends trade setup).

yes i realized that about the 15min box and plus I dunno why, the ea never opened any positions, i think there's a problem. I'm using fxpro demo and the quotes are in pipettes. like eurusd = 1.43041

Ive requested Ronald to fix it at the other forum.

Sadly, maybe you could come and enlighten us in the FF topic here.

3 in a box plus 2 ends - Intraday Scalping Strategy

70pips win on eurjpy signal!!

I know this method will work great for entry , but i wouldn't keep my trades hanging too long on the m5 chart. Best idea is grab whatever u can and get the hell out!

Files:
Reason: