3 in a box plus 2 ends - page 3

j insert template in Meta, but j see the picture.

This looks surprisingly similar to my screen - this is what I use for my actual trading. Boxes represent the higher timeframe candles/bars/highs&lows.

I can fully recommend a similar system, nothing beats price action and if you can see inside each candle - well it's even better.

Files:
boxes1.gif  33 kb
boxes2.gif  35 kb
boxes3.gif  31 kb

mikkom:
This looks surprisingly similar to my screen - this is what I use for my actual trading. Boxes represent the higher timeframe candles/bars/highs&lows. I can fully recommend a similar system, nothing beats price action and if you can see inside each candle - well it's even better.

Please could you explain how you trade using this price action. Your charts had larger box for 5 days and smaller chart for 1 day while the chart is using hourly bars.

waterloo:
j insert template in Meta, but j see the picture.

It would appear that you do not have the chart timeframe set correctly. Please re-read the first post, specifically the first paragraph which outlines the exact chart setup for the template. Pay special attention to the sentence The method uses one indicator, CustomCandle and a M1 chart, then set your chart to M1. The template will then display the indicator.

Does this help?

aelimian:
Please could you explain how you trade using this price action. Your charts had larger box for 5 days and smaller chart for 1 day while the chart is using hourly bars.

It also zooms to lower timeframes, see the 5 min pic with 1h boxes.

I use very basic support+resistance + trendlines with some bar formations (inside bars, outside bars etc) and look how price moves inside the previous/current bar. I just follow the trend - very simple stuff.

I also follow fundamentals to find good entries.

edit: oh and I trade correlations too, for example oil trending down means eurusd down and vice versa.

Looks like s&r boxes -- lower tf's inside larger tf's -- maybe an MTF S&R indi? I like that clock you have that shows the markets are closed too. I don't have a version like that.

Any chance you can please post your indis?

mikkom:
This looks surprisingly similar to my screen - this is what I use for my actual trading. Boxes represent the higher timeframe candles/bars/highs&lows. I can fully recommend a similar system, nothing beats price action and if you can see inside each candle - well it's even better.

Here are the indicators. They are really good - I haven't shared these ever before but here they are.

The mtf_candle paints back the current high/low lines until the period is closed. Use normal timeframes for period (60 is 1h, 1440 is 1d and so on)

cheers

Thanks, mikkom -- appreciate it.

.. and sydney time has a bug, Have to fix that some day..

Thanks Sadly,

great idea and nice indicator.

and i used like this...

Files:
Reason: