1400-1600 GMT USD Breakout Strategy - page 8

dznmrd:

this file shows if you have 3000$ u can make around 5million $ in 180 days and with just 20-25 pips target.

Its the compounding effect that'll make u rich.

why stop at 180 days...take it out 365 and we are billionaires

Brazenmichael:
why stop at 180 days...take it out 365 and we are billionaires

One step at a time, myfriend, for now i still need to make a 100,000$ and dump it in my bank which is my number 1 goal...

before anyone gets too wild...is this actually making money on a

consistent basis? ( the survey would support a grail concept) .... I think also if the market doesn't break within a couple of hours after... the risk would go up considerably as ranging would be likely.. thoughts?

As far as ea...I am certain a number of folks could write it without too much strain.

it haa been profitable for me for the last week. certainly a far cry from longterm. as far as coding an ea...id rather have teeth pulled. I just missed the programming boat.

Thanks Andee

Hi Andee,

Thats lovely. Working perfectly, but appears to have some junk in the time frame prior to your "day_number". It's not affecting your indicator and appears to be an insignificant glitch.

Thanks for your great effort. I don't suppose you would post your mq4 for this indi so that I could chop it up and attempt an ea for this would you?

Thanks,

Lim

Just go in indicators menu and open and click ok at those that disapear. Save template like this, next time it will be clean.

Regards.

Won 200 pips from gbpjpy short and now another 101 pips from gbpusd ... 300 pips, way to start the week!!

Files:
101pips.jpg  13 kb

yep . good day also. .. good strategy but not sure why it works ...doesn't seem to be based on anything but a pure breakout.

Script

Hey Guys,

I have made a basic script and need a little assistance with it before I start work on an EA. I haven't done any programming since secondary school, so please forgive the lack of finese.

It works by looking at the last 9 bars only so will need to be executed immediately after the 2hr market open window to work effectively. It works with all major pairs, but JAP opening is a little different and I have a seperate script for that which I will post when I have ironed out the issues with this one. It opens 2 pending trades, one going long at the high and one going short at the low. It takes a modest 20 pips whilst I'm learning MQL4. It sets an expiration peiod of 24hrs from execution.

I have hit a couple of snags which perhaps someone can point me in the right direction with:

On occassion its not too accurate when compared to the excellent ant_GUBreakout indi's by andee. Its only happened a couple of times where for some reason the buy and sell stops are higher or lower by up to 3 pips. This could be resolved if I knew how to make function calls to the ant_GUBreakout indi. In addition, this would probably make code for the eventual EA smaller, faster and more robust.

Secondly, the script appears to fail when it encounters a price breakout immediately after the 2hr market open window. eg. GBPUSD 8am-10am going long. High price is 1.7532, spread is 1.7535 and the price at 10am is 1.7528 and the spread to 1.7531. I execute the script at 10:01 but the price has shifted to 1.7534 and the spread to 1.7537. The short trade executes, but then the script gets stuck in a sort of loop and the script log fills rapidly to over 100mb which means I can't view its contents as its too big. It needs to have a coping mechanism whereby it switches the order type to a buy or sell limit or immediate trade.

Can anyone assist me with these issues please?

Lim

Script attached

Files:
blaze.mq4  2 kb

Not work with me

dznmrd:
One step at a time, myfriend, for now i still need to make a 100,000$ and dump it in my bank which is my number 1 goal...

Hi.. Tried for these 2 days. Nut always lost due spike.

I trade USDCHF, GBPUSD and EURUSD, 15min time frame.

I charted using Alpari Meta Trader but the real trade using FXCM.

Is this different chart from different broker made problems?

Target 15pips, Stop 15pips

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

Reason: