1400-1600 GMT USD Breakout Strategy - page 9

adriansusianto:

Target 15pips, Stop 15pips

There's your problem... Your stops are too low. Change them to at least the difference between the high and low. You will experience greater drawdowns, however, so brace yourself.

Lim

Limstylz:
There's your problem... Your stops are too low. Change them to at least the difference between the high and low. You will experience greater drawdowns, however, so brace yourself. Lim

Hmm okay, that's big stop to catch 15 pips.

So.. from your expriences trading Major Currency Breakouts, do you have suggestion what is target:loss ratio to these pairs:

EUR-USD

GBP-USD

USD-CHF

USD-JPY

USD-CAD

GBP-JPY

Those are the pairs I'm willing to trade.

Thanks in advance

Can't do it for you

adriansusianto:

that's big stop to catch 15 pips.

Conversely, thats a small amount of pips for a stop.

So.. from your expriences trading Major Currency Breakouts, do you have suggestion what is target:loss ratio to these pairs:

EUR-USD

GBP-USD

USD-CHF

USD-JPY

USD-CAD

GBP-JPY

You need to do your own homework! You need to understand the dynamics of your currency pairs and adjust accordingly. There is no blanket stoppage for all currency pairs or even a single currency pair. However, you can get a rough idea of what a currency pair is doing from the longer time frames and history and tailor from that.

Thank you

Limstylz:
You need to do your own homework! You need to understand the dynamics of your currency pairs and adjust accordingly. There is no blanket stoppage for all currency pairs or even a single currency pair. However, you can get a rough idea of what a currency pair is doing from the longer time frames and history and tailor from that.

My next questions would be a dumb questions:

- How I'm gonna do that?

- What is the starting point to understand dynamics currency pairs?

or maybe I ask a dumber question:

- What and How to learn the dynamics of currency market?

---

Hmm... Okay,

I read lots and lots of books from Wiley Trading, Joe Ross, Ed Ponsi, Kathy Lien, etc. But still making wrong decision in my trading.

Sorry, maybe I'm just too new for those questions. In fact I never take any advice from anyone and directly apply it as a fix suggestion. I know the rules.

And Yes I have done my homework before posting my questions. As you can see my backtest, included the modified calculation. Still 4 pairs to go.

Oh yes, you can also copy and use my spreadsheet.

What I need from my posting it just a different point of view from whoever done with real trade. Don't be afraid of such questions.

Everybody learn from everybody.

Even if you could gave us the correct and very very precisely answers, I bet many of beginner like us still have some mistaken in our decisions.

I understand that a lot of traders never or won't too open their opinion for some reasons. Wether afraid of being wrong or maybe afraid of being blamed on their answers, or even afraid someone stole their idea. It's okay

I my self never blame my losses to anyone nor my broker.

I just only seeker of the answer from another point of view. Only that.

But thanks anyway for your suggestion.

gUYS im really sorry for not updating, im just feeling too lazy to read and type nowadays,

Ill update you guys on weekend,

Happy pips 2 all

adriansusianto:
My next questions would be a dumb questions:

- How I'm gonna do that?

- What is the starting point to understand dynamics currency pairs?

or maybe I ask a dumber question:

- What and How to learn the dynamics of currency market?

---

Hmm... Okay,

I read lots and lots of books from Wiley Trading, Joe Ross, Ed Ponsi, Kathy Lien, etc. But still making wrong decision in my trading.

Sorry, maybe I'm just too new for those questions. In fact I never take any advice from anyone and directly apply it as a fix suggestion. I know the rules.

And Yes I have done my homework before posting my questions. As you can see my backtest, included the modified calculation. Still 4 pairs to go.

Oh yes, you can also copy and use my spreadsheet.

What I need from my posting it just a different point of view from whoever done with real trade. Don't be afraid of such questions.

Everybody learn from everybody.

Even if you could gave us the correct and very very precisely answers, I bet many of beginner like us still have some mistaken in our decisions.

I understand that a lot of traders never or won't too open their opinion for some reasons. Wether afraid of being wrong or maybe afraid of being blamed on their answers, or even afraid someone stole their idea. It's okay

I my self never blame my losses to anyone nor my broker.

I just only seeker of the answer from another point of view. Only that.

But thanks anyway for your suggestion.

Have a look at this, if you got one book to read its this one. The guy expose clearly the entry and exit signal whit a clear analyse of price action in 4 stage.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178847

Any system will have miss fire - false call, but its the most accurate tech that you ll find.

2 cents

Thanks Inzider for the link.

I'm following the link.

Much appreciate!

having quite a successful run with this. i use it at the open of the us market and at the close of london. has anyone figured out a way to apply this indicator multiple times to the same chart?

hi

Brazenmichael:
having quite a successful run with this. i use it at the open of the us market and at the close of london. has anyone figured out a way to apply this indicator multiple times to the same chart?

try this.....

just change input "indi_number" with other number ...(thank's for CJA for the idea )

hmmm....i want to thank you for the quick reply, but i fear i may have misunderstood. when i change the indi input and attach to the chart it disappears.

Reason: