1400-1600 GMT USD Breakout Strategy - page 15

Just read thru this entire Thread, very interesting and a great show of team work & communication.

Nothing in the last few weeks though???

How is it going Andi, Brazenmike & the others who are using this indi??

Also how has the work on the EA been going??

Looking forward to hearing more........

Dan

First try with success

Hi all

I discovered this system today and I always like the breakout system.

Had success with Alpari and IBFX (demo's) trading GU and EU

Nice going

jmcl

amazing

i have try this method for two weeks and the result really AMAZING!!

Try placing long at high and short at low, with stops at the opposite low and high, and no take profit, and instead closing out before the beginning of the next days' box. Catches the trends.

Limstylz:
Mr Chips,

I recommend trading cable as this pair seems to work the best. You must adjust your opening times to your brokers server time. I recommend trading the London and NY open. You can trade closes too, but i have had mixed success with that.

Please re-read the first post again if you are unclear. Do not try to add anything to this strategy until you familiarise yourself with the basic principle (i.e. London and US produces the most amount of activity within a timeframe of just before and just after open times).

I personally have been trialing this method successfully on demo and will take this live next week as it appears to be quite stable. I trade the 2hours after London and US opens, however, others use 1hour before and 1 hour after.

You may also like to try this with USDJPY at US and Tokyo open, but this requires a little more knowledge as to how that pair works.

You may also want to try the Old Dog Strategy and Dolly as they too are breakout methods. I am a massive fan of the breakout strategy as they are very simple to implement.

To assist in the strategy presribed here, I recommend you download and use the excellent ant-GU indi located in this thread.

If this is your first time out, try everything on demo first, do some research on whatever currency pair you intend to trade, read the forums on this site and don't give up the day job until you have minimised your losses to that which you are comfortable losing.

Happy trading!

Limstylz,

You have explained the strategy so clearly. How is it doing now? Is it still working? appreciate if you share your experience with this method. thanks.

Sounds pretty interesting to me!

Thank you for sharing this strategy.

I am going to do some back testing

Cheers,

Hali

Been busy trading...

Hi pj9100,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't know if you are still monitoring this thread, but if you are, this strategy is still working very well. However, I no longer place stop orders or use an EA to perform my buy and sells, preferring to trade manually according to price action (to that extent, I have moved away slightly from the methods described here).

I also look out for the daily news releases that could negatively impact the trade (I don't speculate on news releases but I react to it if goes against my position).

This thread has gone a long way into helping me develop my own trading technique and if you don't have method of your own yet, or are thinking about trying this method out on demo, then I can truthfully say its definitely worth your while.

Good trading to you and all...

pj9100:
Limstylz, You have explained the strategy so clearly. How is it doing now? Is it still working? appreciate if you share your experience with this method. thanks.

it still works..

Kathy Lien - The Five-Minute Forex "Momo" Trade

Hi,

Have anyone tried EA with this strategy by Kathy Lien? Kind to share the code? Thanks

This article and more available at Investopedia.com

Hi,

I built this EA but it run under FxWizard. See S-P-LOG

Results are not so bad. However i built better experts since, so I don't use it.

Reason: