Moving Average Ribbon - page 8

Thomas

You can not do that from the indicator that uses drawing buffers to show values

There is only one option in metatrader that is in the chart properties that might help you : press F8 or right click and choose properties and in the common tab check the chart on foreground. That way bars, candles or price line will be in foreground.

Otherwise, the only way you can control what is on top and what is on bottom is the order how you place it on chart (that is the way metatrader does it)

thomas_c:
Hi Mr. mladen,

Thanks for you great indicator of MA ribbon filled + shift. I'd like to set ribbon width 5, so it looks nice to be filled fully at all. But it covered all other indicator's display to be installed before. Please add a choice to set ribbon background display. Thank you very much in advance.

BRs

Thomas C

mladen:
Thomas

There is only one option in metatrader that is in the chart properties that might help you : press F8 or right click and choose properties and in the common tab check the chart on foreground. That way bars, candles or price line will be in foreground.

Otherwise, the only way you can control what is on top and what is on bottom is the order how you place it on chart (that is the way metatrader does it)

I see. Thank you very much.

An example to display background

mladen:
Thomas

Dear Mr. Mladen

Can you check over attached candles_m-Candles_m's code? If I choose bcgr true, then mtf candle background display. I don't know mt4 code at all. BCGR maybe a special feature of mt4 coding. If possible, add bcgr to ribbon choice. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Thomas C

Files:

Thomas

As I said, it is not possible to do what you asked using drawing buffers

Here is a version that uses objects for that, but soon you will find that metatrader "does not like" when a lot of objects are drawn on a chart (so limit your bars on chart to some reasonable value). Anyway, in this one you can set the back (fillingBack parameter) property for filling. For moving averages lines you can not do that (since there is no such property for drawing buffer as I said and I really would not like to to make the averages lines as objects too - that would be something metatrader really does not like)

Files:

mladen:
Thomas

As I said, it is not possible to do what you asked using drawing buffers

Here is a version that uses objects for that, but soon you will find that metatrader "does not like" when a lot of objects are drawn on a chart (so limit your bars on chart to some reasonable value). Anyway, in this one you can set the back (fillingBack parameter) property for filling. For moving averages lines you can not do that (since there is no such property for drawing buffer as I said and I really would not like to to make the averages lines as objects too - that would be something metatrader really does not like)

Mr. Mladen

it took you so much time, thank you very much.

mladen:
Pucio,

Here you go

regards mladen

mladen can we have both of period shifted... thanks before...

yudha

Did you try this one : ma-ribbon-filled-shift.mq4

It shifts both values by the same shift. It has to do that (to shift the 2 moving averages by the same shift) because otherwise, in case of unequal shift, it would not be able to fill the ribbon (one of the 2 values needed to draw the "filling" would be missing then)

yudha:
mladen can we have both of period shifted... thanks before...

Please add LSMA

Hallo mladen, could you please add LSMA to MA Ribbon Filled ?

sometimes I need to know crossing LSMA with SMA

Thanks mladen.

ps : very long time not to see you, how are you today ?

Long time indeed. Doing just fine, I hope everything is well with you too LSMA added to the ribbon (ma type 4)

ServerUang:
Hallo mladen, could you please add LSMA to MA Ribbon Filled ?

sometimes I need to know crossing LSMA with SMA

Thanks mladen.

ps : very long time not to see you, how are you today ?

mladen:
yudha

Did you try this one : ma-ribbon-filled-shift.mq4

It shifts both values by the same shift. It has to do that (to shift the 2 moving averages by the same shift) because otherwise, in case of unequal shift, it would not be able to fill the ribbon (one of the 2 values needed to draw the "filling" would be missing then)

oo.. i see..

so its cant be done..

ok thanks mladen

Reason: