Moving Average Ribbon - page 14

Hi mladen,

I down loaded your coloured ribbon filled MA that appears on Page 1 Post #2, but I do not see it in my MT4 indies section. I think it's because of the new built MT4.

Will you be kind enough to make me an MA like that with the following settings, I would be grateful.

EMA 10 crossing 20, same design as the MA in Page 1 Post #2.

If you can have a period setting for the indie, it would be great.

Thanks

forexday:
Hi mladen,

I down loaded your coloured ribbon filled MA that appears on Page 1 Post #2, but I do not see it in my MT4 indies section. I think it's because of the new built MT4.

Will you be kind enough to make me an MA like that with the following settings, I would be grateful.

EMA 10 crossing 20, same design as the MA in Page 1 Post #2.

If you can have a period setting for the indie, it would be great.

Thanks

forexday

that indicator does not need to be changed. Check the following : first check if it is saved in the correct folder (go to file->open data folder and check if the indicator is in the mq4->indicators folder), After that, if it is there, if "chart on foreground" is check, uncheck it and you will see the ribbon then. If you still do not see it, check if some error is displayed in the journal or experts tab of the terminal

mladen:
forexday that indicator does not need to be changed. Check the following : first check if it is saved in the correct folder (go to file->open data folder and check if the indicator is in the mq4->indicators folder), After that, if it is there, if "chart on foreground" is check, uncheck it and you will see the ribbon then. If you still do not see it, check if some error is displayed in the journal or experts tab of the terminal

Thank you for the quick response...

I'm putting the MA in the correct folder an I can see it there, however it does not show up in the indie sector when you open up a chart.

I also checked in the journal and expert tab, nothing shows there as being downloaded.

I'm not sure what can be the problem as I have downloaded indies before.

forexday:

I'm putting the MA in the correct folder an I can see it there, however it does not show up in the indie sector when you open up a chart.

I also checked in the journal and expert tab, nothing shows there as being downloaded.

It works for me

forexday:

forexday

Checked it and all is OK

There are just 4 lines of code in that indicator and if it is copied to correct place it must work (there is no possible error that could prevent it from working)

Thanks mladen for your response..

I'm not sure what's going on from my side. Will continue to try

MAs are good in trending market. If it truns sideway, it will make lots of losses unless there is a way to filter it.

Mosh12:
MAs are good in trending market. If it truns sideway, it will make lots of losses unless there is a way to filter it.

That is probably why MAs are usually used as a filter (not as a trend indicator)

mladen - is there a version of MA Ribbon Filled where you can use an MA as a filter. For example arrows will only print if above say 200 ema.

Reason: