Moving Average Ribbon - page 2

GENIUS

mladen:
Don't you just love when they tell us about "randomness" and "unpredictability"

Very similar to ichimoku cloud, great job!

Originally two first posts were titled "Fooling around" and "Some more fooling around..." and were posted in "Something interesting..." thread. Since this became an independent thread, some additions (just to make it worth a reading:)), and since actually there is nothing to fool around with moving averages :

"Only another MA crossover..." : all those that know me a little closer know how much I like MAs. I think that moving average (along with price, not after the price) is the basis of TA. In my opinion unfiltered price is useless (that is when people think that everything is random, which is simply not true) And so far, one of the best filters for price found out by men are the moving averages. In this indicator the colored zones are, what is called, a "value zone" and the color itself is a reminder of the "trend"

Now there are zillion moving average "systems". I do not want to underestimate anybodies work, mind, or effort to come up with one. Here you can find a link to latest (published in 2008) book of Dr. Alexander Elder : "Sell and Sell short" (9.5 MB, and I do not know for how long RS keeps files on their servers, so...). I doubt that, after reading it, there will be a lot of people still thinking "just another MA system..."

"Sell and sell short" at : RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

a reminder :

MA1Methodand MA2Methodparameters :

0 - SMA (simple moving average)

1 - EMA (exponential moving average)

2 - SMMA (smoothed moving average)

3 - LWMA (linear weighted moving average)

the one on post 3 is SMMA

mladen

Thanks for posting...

mladen:
Originally two first posts were titled "Fooling around" and "Some more fooling around..." and were posted in "Something interesting..." thread. Since this became an independent thread, some additions (just to make it worth a reading:)), and since actually there is nothing to fool around with moving averages :

"Only another MA crossover..." : all those that know me a little closer know how much I like MAs. I think that moving average (along with price, not after the price) is the basis of TA. In my opinion unfiltered price is useless (that is when people think that everything is random, which is simply not true) And so far, one of the best filters for price found out by men are the moving averages. In this indicator the colored zones are, what is called, a "value zone" and the color itself is a reminder of the "trend"

Now there are zillion moving average "systems". I do not want to underestimate anybodies work, mind, or effort to come up with one. Here you can find a link to latest (published in 2008) book of Dr. Alexander Elder : "Sell and Sell short" (9.5 MB, and I do not know for how long RS keeps files on their servers, so...). I doubt that, after reading it, there will be a lot of people still thinking "just another MA system..."

"Sell and sell short" at : RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

a reminder :

MA1Methodand MA2Methodparameters :

0 - SMA (simple moving average)

1 - EMA (exponential moving average)

2 - SMMA (smoothed moving average)

3 - LWMA (linear weighted moving average)

the one on post 3 is SMMA

Great work mladen. Is it possible to shading the color based on angle between the MAs.

If MAs cross up (both MAs > 20 degree light green - strong up)

If MAs cross up (both MAs < 20 degree dark green - weak up)

For cross down also same concept.

Just an idea.

Wow !!

what is special? I dont understand people's reactions.

vampiricaura:
what is special? I dont understand people's reactions.

reaction - emotional; good code, good indi - pople like it (people like new toys, new tools, new cars...(please, forgive them))

it's not just this indi - but he is genous...

Beautiful and simple, but powerful!

Thanks for posting.

Cheers, Kris

mladen:
A variation

Even simpler (code:))

Just check "Chart on foreground" option in properties

mladen:
Don't you just love when they tell us about "randomness" and "unpredictability"

GGeezz, Mladen, what is it on the pict.?

----

edit: 2 smmas... dem...really new look

Reason: