SDS - Simple Daily System EA - page 5

I think the MM is what is going to give it an edge. It will take losses in a ranging market, but the increasing lot sizes will likely win it all back when the market starts trending again. Just have to be careful that the market doesn't go into a prolonged period of ranging, that would kill your account.

Finally!

This is the classic D'Alembert system.

Nice to finally see one!

We see plenty of Martingales, D'Alembert is much less risky.

The classic D'Alembert adds 1 after a loss, subtracts 1 after a win until we return to 1 unit.

However, completion of the series is not necessary to make a proft; the sequence can always be terminated early when there would be a net gain on the account balance. This nets you a smaller profit than if the sequence were allowed to run through its natural progression, but it also helps to prevent the sequence from getting out of hand.

WNW:
This is the classic D'Alembert system.

Nice to finally see one!

We see plenty of Martingales, D'Alembert is much less risky.

The classic D'Alembert adds 1 after a loss, subtracts 1 after a win until we return to 1 unit.

However, completion of the series is not necessary to make a proft; the sequence can always be terminated early when there would be a net gain on the account balance. This nets you a smaller profit than if the sequence were allowed to run through its natural progression, but it also helps to prevent the sequence from getting out of hand.

Yes, d'Alembert won't cause as many heart-attacks, but my backtesting with various EA's would seem to indicate that if there isn't an 'edge' to begin with, d'Alembert will also kill your account, albeit in a slower fashion.

I think the 'modified' d'Alembert you allude to might more accurately be known as 'Oscars Grind' - probably the most conservative MM there is, which terminates the progression once the account shows a profit, and would also lend itself to the 1:1 R/R in use here.

Omelette,

The orders sizes are not opening correctly. Please see the statement referring to the following pairs:

GBP/CHF - should have been .2 lots (opened with .3 lots)

NZD/JPY - should have been .2 lots (opened with .5 lots)

Can you please troubleshoot? Let me know if I can assist in anyway.

Thanks,

Lcfx

Hi,

Would someone be so kind to code this to accept mini lots? (10 cents a pip)

lots 0.1 and lot factor 0.1 instead of 1?

Would like to trade this live on a small account so I can spread this over 10 pairs

Thanks

Steve

Please ignore my last post, this EA does trade 0.1 lots

I thought the lot factor had to also be 0.1

Hi Omelette,

If I change the TP and SL values whilst the EA is in operation, after that order has closed will it reset the lot size routine or continue as per normal?

eg 0.1 loss

0.2 loss then I change TP or SL will the next order still be 0.3 or back to 0.1

Reason I ask, I have had a lot more success in backtesting this with setting the TP and SL every week to 80% of the ADR value for the particular pair in question

Thanks

Steve

how do you calculate the 80% of ADR

you mean atr whatever how d you calculate it?

OTE=safire25;226535]Hi Omelette,

If I change the TP and SL values whilst the EA is in operation, after that order has closed will it reset the lot size routine or continue as per normal?

eg 0.1 loss

0.2 loss then I change TP or SL will the next order still be 0.3 or back to 0.1

Reason I ask, I have had a lot more success in backtesting this with setting the TP and SL every week to 80% of the ADR value for the particular pair in question

Thanks

Steve

Basically just look at the number in the ADR days (average range) from the indicator and calculate 80% of this number (just use calucaltor) for my new TP and SL

I would like to do this every weekend to prepare for the following week

This way slow moving pairs can close out just as fast as large movers like GBPJPY. Stops having pairs floating either in profit or loss for days on end.

Reason: