SDS - Simple Daily System EA - page 4

hi

lcfxtrader:
No, not at all. I just don't know why it didn't open a short. Perhaps there is a bug in the code. It is just odd that all the other trades opened. I appreciate all your help Omelette.

check your EA properties in MT4, make sure to choose long & short positions.

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

lcfxtrader:
No, not at all. I just don't know why it didn't open a short. Perhaps there is a bug in the code. It is just odd that all the other trades opened. I appreciate all your help Omelette.

I have a real problem with EA's that require you to open a dozen individual charts, so I am converting it to run on a single chart atm (between trades, which so far have been losers! ) - which probably means I will have introduced a boat-load of additional bugs! Anyway, more after market-close sometime...

omelette:
I have a real problem with EA's that require you to open a dozen individual charts, so I am converting it to run on a single chart atm (between trades, which so far have been losers! ) - which probably means I will have introduced a boat-load of additional bugs! Anyway, more after market-close sometime...

Looking foward to your improvements. Can you please comment on why you have a problem with multiple charts? Does it slow down the performance of the EA? I guess it would comsume more computer resources. So what do you think about the logic of the system? If it can return 50% wins over time without to much chop in range markets it may have a good chance of success. This is a basic trend following system with a spin on mm.

i ve changed the ma period to 20 and the min day range to 1 day, but there was nothing different with the result than the original 200 and 50 days, why?

Will also test on IBFX

Thanks for posting your EA icfxtrader. Will test and report back on results.

Cheers

ziman398:
i ve changed the ma period to 20 and the min day range to 1 day, but there was nothing different with the result than the original 200 and 50 days, why?

I change the MA period to 20 so the EA can participate on the counter trend trades of the main trend. This period is just a test a this point. By all means try a different setting. I am looking for a system that will win 50% of the time over the long haul with hopefully no more than 10 consecutive losses for each pair before returning to the starting point in the mm sequence.

lcfxtrader:
Looking foward to your improvements. Can you please comment on why you have a problem with multiple charts? Does it slow down the performance of the EA? I guess it would comsume more computer resources. So what do you think about the logic of the system? If it can return 50% wins over time without to much chop in range markets it may have a good chance of success. This is a basic trend following system with a spin on mm.

It's mainly a convenience thing - it's fine if you are willing to devote a whole platform to one strategy/EA, or are happy scrolling back and forth, looking for a particular chart. I have just 2 MT installations which already have multiple EA's forward-testing, so don't have 'room' for something like this...

As for the strategy, I like its simplicity. I just hope there is an edge, or one can be found, so that the 1:1 r/r and brokers spread doesn't kill its chances!

Reason: