School of Pimpology - page 136

Naked Traders

Bloom:
Thing is Rockie I'm positive cash every week. It just doesn't feel good. Too many ups and downs. I'd love to be steady pips every day. Not +120, -75, -90, +340, -176 for example. Not good for the nerves.

I think I've gathered up too much crap on my charts. Too many indicators, pivots, MAs, trendlines, support/resistance, fibs, badgers, beer, blah, blah, blah. Spent the morning cleaning up my charts. Not ignoring things, just a spring clean. What about a day of naked chart trading before Christmas?

Anyway, got a lovely piece of fresh cod. So its beer battered cod and chips, washed done with a few lagers.

Now that would be a laugh........naked trading! Done the naked running, done the naked swimming, even a spot of naked cycling (all for charity of course), but naked trading.....me thinks thats for Nordic traders only.....

Hope the beer and chips were good.....

Buff Rockie

Here's a couple I've been watching over the last few weeks. Daily chart, 20/50 MAs have crossed. Going to wait for the bottom CCI to cross into positive, then I'll be looking for an entry on either the 4hr or the 1hr. Never traded off a daily but just look at the move the last time the cross happened with the CCI showing the trend.

Files:
audcad.gif  25 kb
eurchf.gif  24 kb

Blathering

Well, well, well

What is it men say about women blathering on? Postman Rocky you could talk for Wales and be an honorary laydee, but glad to see you are all keeping it real and reporting your KHT trades as well as your massive pip hauls - it's not all chocolates and roses when it comes to trading as we all know, and anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously delusional.

So it's great to have Pimp, Dan, James and Hemal back steering us safely though the trading minefield, and to see so many in the live room. Lots of the old crew reunited and plenty of new faces too, excellent.

PS Rockdrive dressed as Santa throwing shoes at the cat in Church at a Welsh sing-a-ling-along. Does it get any better?

Aud/cad & eur/chf

HI Guys,

Nice post Bloom, been watching those two myself, to back up the technical view, if the Dow has a pre Christmas rally this is going to push the aus/us up as there is a 90% correlation between the two, so should help aus/cad up, and swissie looking weak all round now from a fundamental view so this should help eur/chf up. We will see.

Have a good week trading everyone.

Chris

KHTs all the way

These KHTs are contagious, Bloom.

I have a rule of max 5 trades and stop if 3 losers in a row.

The charts aren't even worthy of posting. I had limited time today and it ended up being a very long day for me.

Crude short -30

Gold short -30

Eur/usd short -15 (would have gone to my s/l of -30)

So, I stopped as per my rule. Took time out to assess what I was doing wrong. Note the KHTs here.......I was trading against the 252. It was up on all 3. So obvious now.

So, armed with this knowledge I came back at 3pm. Not a great entry on ftse, kind of kumped in. But, as 252 was up, I held. +43.

Not happy with that, roll on KHT no.5 today. -40 on Dow in about 5 minutes.

As per maximum 5 trades rule. Charts are closed now. Today's carnage -71 pips.

Right, I'm finished blathering, Rollingstone. Back tomorrow.

ps.

My 4 year old daughter asked me "how many pips did you make today, 1?"

I said no.

Counting on her fingers "2?, she asked." No, I said.

"How are we going to buy Mom's new red car, Daddy?

THE PRESSURE IS ON!!

Unlucky Bill. Seems you're going through a tough spell. I had the one trade today, USDCHF for +40. Went out for the rest of the morning. Watched America open, missed a Dax long that I'd been watching. Nothing else excited me so I turned off. I want a nice relaxed run into Christmas so I'm happy with the day. Same tomorrow will do nicely.

I'd recommend not trading Crude or Dow for a bit Bill. They mess with your head. The Dow can cover 100s in a five minute candle. Its not easy to handle that.

Keep 'er tight.

Bloom

P.S.

The sign of a truly great KHT is one where if you had done the complete opposite you would have made big pips. To be the Knobbyest of KHTs, the trade should never go in your advantage. I think we should all post our KHTs to completely embarrass ourselves.

Knob Head Trade from Friday - don't try this at home. Entry at the arrow, short of course after it had just moved 60. Looks ridiculous now. I got out in the end, BE. Which added to the Knob element of the trade as I could have had +75

Files:
knob.gif  28 kb

Broadband

Dear Bill,

I am so sorry to read about your trades from today. I was up very early this morning. I have spent nearly the whole day working with some numbties in BT trying to get my broadband connection fixed. What a laugh. No wonder they are struggling to hit their numbers with customer service like this!

Once I got fixed with broadband at 4pm, I dialled up GFT and low and behold my charts stop at 2145 last evening and start again at 815am with big lumpy candles. My MA's are miles away from MT4 (ODL) and I have been told the data will be corrected overnight!

So no KHT's for me so far, but the week is young and I am sure I shall make several contibutions to my jar before the week is out! I'll be on line early, trying to catch one....and surf the pip wave.

Keep grinning and NO SURRENDER........

Bandless Rockie

Virtuous boys

Honest Bill and Bloom

You guys totally Rock. You made me laugh out loud - but with you, not at you.

Thanks for being honest and sharing your KHTs, it's not funny losing pips but you sure do learn more from mistakes than you do from success.

Patience and good luck for the rest of the week.

RS

KHT's galore

Well, what can I say... Me too! Got overconfident last night throwing on a dax trade at double normal stake that wiped out the days gains (about 35% at that point on a mini account).

Won't be doing that again! This time I mean it!!

SF

Reason: