EuroBlaster LOL - page 7

Optimization..

Hey Beno, can you suggest any .set changes to this EA with the indicators etc?

Too many false signals. The EA might as well be placing random trades because it's only by luck when the price moves in the direction of the EA's signal.

Thanks in advance.

More losses today. Will post results at the end of the week on Saturday.

Rename the EA..

I think the EA EuroForm should be renamed EquityBlaster!

Current Losses for this week only are around -$8,000.00 to -$10,000.00!

Will post statements and full details on the weekend and then finish forward testing as this EuroForm EA shows 0% promise without further info from the author on .set changes for optimization.

John

jondgls

Sorry about the lack of responce I'v been travelling with work.

Anyway the first thing would be to change to a higher time frame 4h

Changes

stoploss=0

ATRperiod=20

ATRratio=5.824

VolatilityHL=50

RSItpr=13

give that ago

New .set

Thanks Beno,

I will try the new settings in the 4H TF over next week and report back.

John

EuroForm Weekly Statement...

Results for EuroForm on 6 Pairs on 5M TF Attached...

Result is Closed P/L: -$6 258.70

As suggested by Beno I will be testing the EA on 6 pairs with the 4H TF over the next week and will report back.

John

Files:
statement_5.htm  164 kb

Floating orders only..

Not much to report this week. All opened orders from Monday the 16/06/08 are still open.

Floating P/L was fluctuating from -$2,500.00 to profit $1,250.00.

Only problem i can with this EA so far is it's inability to manage a reversal after orders have opened. I may try this EA as hedge soon where I have it attached to 2 x seperate charts of the same pair and then set 1 x EA for long only and 1 x EA for short only.

I think the settings could also use tighter SL and TP.

Any thoughts Beno?

JonDgls

Attached is a version that only open 1 position. I have not optimized it.

Files:

I think that any EA/ System has problems with reversals.

What SL are you thinking of. the hard stop or the Delta

as for the TP have you adjusted the EGP (Equity Gain Percent) this is a TP that once hit closes all position try setting it to 2%. for this week.

EuroForm opt.

Hey Beno, what is a Delta stop? Do you know how it works and what are the benefits over hard stop?

As for the TP being based on a % of the equity , I think that would be ok on 2% with a $25,000.00 account ($500.00). Can the EGP be turned off?

What I prefer is a failry tight SL on entry (just above avgerage range of pair per bar in selected TF) and then a TS with no TP.

This would also suit the EA being used as a hedge. As the market reversed, opposite positioned entered, SL lossess minimized by hedged position or TS secures profit on origional position... and so on.

John

Beno:
Attached is a version that only open 1 position. I have not optimized it.

Hi Beno,

tx for nice ideas in cod. I am playing with your EA from the start. There are a lot of cool ideas in code and posibilities. But cause i am jung in programing, i would like to ask you switch in the code from LIMIT orders to STOP orders. I understande the idea why is that so and safe a lot loosing trades. Realy good one. Cause i am new and want to see what happend with it in this type of ORDERS, i would like please you to do it.

I try many changeis in code, but seems on not good place, so have to please you do it. Many tx.

Reason: