EURGBP easy and profitable EA - page 7

InTrance:
Yep, its a good approach

Are you guys serious? This pair has been sideways since april, take a look at your weekly chart. Even so, it is pushing a 12 year high so are you sure you want to stay long? An EA needs to work in all conditions without intervetion, I find it laughable when people do backtests only going long or only going short to show how good it is, come on. I would have gone long 12 months ago for sure, I don't need an expert to do that with hindsight on my side.

You are quite defensive in your comments. That's ok I can see you are a lightweight. If you think that a long term trend is established by looking at a 5 minute chart you need to get back to basics. What happens when your expert has 3 or 4 losses on the short side, do you then decide to go short only on the pair? An EA needs to work without intervention, lets see how long you can stay profitable going long only.

demonfx:
You are quite defensive in your comments. That's ok I can see you are a lightweight. If you think that a long term trend is established by looking at a 5 minute chart you need to get back to basics. What happens when your expert has 3 or 4 losses on the short side, do you then decide to go short only on the pair? An EA needs to work without intervention, lets see how long you can stay profitable going long only.

lightweight maybe I am on diet

You don't get it do you, I see that your slow so its ok I will explain the post again, and again and again and again, till you understand it.

The trader ( Human) is the one to decide the tend direction, and then the expert will only place the trades, so in case of a short trend I will be going to sell only , was that difficult to understand , Once I got 2-3 losses and I see a change in the trend direction, I change the logic of the expert ... and if you have noticed I have less than 1% DD so my entry is very solid meaning I can take some losses before the trend change its direction .. I haven't seen any of the so called fully automated system that makes money like I do, so I give my personal touch to the experts to keep them on track .... you claim that the expert should be fully automated, fine great idea easier said than done, show me an expert that is fully automated and makes money without draw down ... if you can't then crawl back and enjoy the show

I'm amused that after a whole 40 trades you consider yourself to be a better trader than I am. Truth is you are hanging around forums looking for ideas, as well as I. I doubt any "really good" traders would be hanging around forums but that's another discussion. Seriously though dude, not trying to offend you at all. My comment is aimed at debating the strategy not at you. I suspect your drawdown is tight as you have probably lost on a swap last month. It looks good for now, and I would like to be proven wrong so I hope you can show equally good results on the downturn. Judging by today's activity it would have been tough going long during the London session on this pair. As for identifying the trend, that's an easy thing to do. Problem is that price rallies within a trend which prevent you from using tight stops, in turn producing a poor risk/reward ratio.

demonfx:
I'm amused that after a whole 40 trades you consider yourself to be a better trader than I am. Truth is you are hanging around forums looking for ideas, as well as I.

Are you really talking about Minime?

Thruth is you are really don't know who you talk about. Minime is one of the best contributor here and there. You have to read a little more before posting this kind of comments.

Just my opinion.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
Are you really talking about Minime?

Thruth is you are really don't know who you talk about. Minime is one of the best contributor here and there. You have to read a little more before posting this kind of comments.

Just my opinion.

FerruFx

Thanks FerruFx, I am humbled that someone with your experience made such a comment.

I was trying to give a free advise and it took another turn, I don't blame demonfx it is difficult to decide who talks crap and who give a real advise...

I didn't like his comments

demonfx:
Are you guys serious? This pair has been sideways since april, .... I find it laughable when people do backtests only going long or only going short to show how good it is, come on. .....

hence the argument , mainly to show him whose the laughable material

MiniMe:
Thanks FerruFx, I am humbled that someone with your experience made such a comment.

I am quite sure that the most experienced trader (and tester!) between you and me ... is you!

Anyway thanks for your kind words. Very much appreciated.

FerruFx

Where is everybody?

Is this threat over already?

I have attached a version that can open an additional and a hedge trade.

Files:

Kenny Rogers likes to dabble with the EURGBP as well. It is a slow moving pair. Most of the time, I have to fold...but when you get that right hand, it can be very profitable. So it usually goes like fold fold fold fold fold, get a decent hand, fold fold fold fold, jackpot hand. It can be a rather frustrating pair to trade, needs a lot of patience.

Reason: