Neural Networks - page 16

hi

please googling and find the forum before you buy some fx product , sometimes commercial product on the net is free

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

rhull67:
I tested this EA and found it doesn't produce the results that he is claiming. Very small profits, and huge losses. After several days of testing and working with the company, this EA couldn't produce results for more than a week or two at a time.

They claim to have a neural net in the MQ4 language, no dll. I find this very unlikely.

I asked for a refund and he would not give it to me. SCAMMER!!!!!

Its very possible for someone to code a Neural network in mql. For Example:

NeuroProba Metatrader MQ4 Indicators Forex Trading Systems - XEATrade - Metatrader, Metastock, Tradestation, Amibroker - indicators, expert

My experience so far is don't bother predicting price with them. That would just be insanely stupid if you could really find one that could do that. Everyone would have it.

The best way to make a NN that is successful in trading is to use it to pick tops and bottoms. For example, feed it any current open position, the 5 previous OHLC values, 5 previous 20EMA values and maybe 5 previous stochastic values. Then have it tell you whether you should, go long, go short, close long, close short or do nothing.

As far as algorithms go, there are some interesting suggestions on this post and I can't wait to look at them and decide that I don't have a clue whats going on and give up trying to code one.

I am currently toying with TradeSolutions. It seems to offer some promise in developing Neural Nets that could be used in metatrader(I THINK it can export a DLL of the Neural Network you created, I am not quite sure yet, haven't figured that much out with it yet.)

rhull67:
I tested this EA and found it doesn't produce the results that he is claiming. Very small profits, and huge losses. After several days of testing and working with the company, this EA couldn't produce results for more than a week or two at a time.

They claim to have a neural net in the MQ4 language, no dll. I find this very unlikely.

I asked for a refund and he would not give it to me. SCAMMER!!!!!

Thanks for highlighting in this forum that NN does not perform to expectations. It is "scary" that the innocent public is conned by scammers.

In fact, I am searching for a commercial EA that produces results consistently, but held back bcos of these scams and hope that some members will come across some genuine ones.

I am a sucker when I see a good coders work

This site, even if it does not have obvious direct connection to trading, contains "An Open Source Neural Networks C++ Library" and some very good coding : Flood: An Open Source Neural Networks C++ Library

Enjoy

?

is there a NN that can attempt to predict next # in a #'s series...like:

3,7,2,9,3,15....?

Neural Network :- How to select the right network

Hi Guys,

I have created a neural network trading system based on the strategies I used in manual trading. The profit and equity curves are amazing in the training.But on live data I am not able match the exact performance that I got with training set, but its not bad.

I have some questions.

1) How to avoid overfitting?

2) What is the right way of evaluating a neural net? While optimizing I get lot of good results I dont know which one to pick.

hi

you can find NN threads in this forum just use search tool ...

what kind of NN did u create ?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

avinashsringeri:
Hi Guys,

I have created a neural network trading system based on the strategies I used in manual trading. The profit and equity curves are amazing in the training.But on live data I am not able match the exact performance that I got with training set, but its not bad.

I have some questions.

2) What is the right way of evaluating a neural net? While optimizing I get lot of good results I dont know which one to pick.

use the cross validation. In every epoch calculate the error of patterns that not exist in trainig set. When the error begin increase just terminate training process. It is simple.

avinashsringeri:
Hi Guys,

I have some questions.

as quote

if you really know how to use NEURAL network

I think you should know how to do it -- just compare with real, for the next 2 hour time frame -- to see whether thte prediction fit

what software do you sue -- for NN ??

Walander:
It's interesting to note, that it is becoming very rare for people to actually understand the complexity behind Neural Networks and the fact that people actually call certain EA's as having a NN network within the code are not really NN's.

It's been stated by very many good coders, that the possibility of implementing a NN center point within an EA in MQL code, is not only extremely complex, most likely beyond the knowledge of most coders, but completely impractical considering the limitations of MQL code.

I by no means have any NN background, but nonetheless, I understand the fact that a NN is constantly being optimized to predict high probability decisions for the future- which to me seems like curve fitting like mad- which is more or less the case for the many EA's being sold today with "NN" models.

Why am I posting this?

Because if you're looking for an NN to make a decisions, a question comes to mind whether you are looking for an easy way out to trade? or you are just blindly and aimlessly curious in the capabilities of "propose" theoretical properties of a Neural Network system.

Btw, I have an I-Gullible MQL Code sitting around, someone wanna pay me a billion for it?

agree

-- if someone can program NN or AI into their program, unless, it is supported by a huge array or db

it is not even the concept of NN or AI, -- just NEGATE It !! heheh, who is stupid

Reason: