Finally a REAL ECN MT4 broker? - page 5

Linuxser:
Hi, because you've asked here and get some answers I've deleted your other post about this.

===============================================

from what ive heard, "spread betters" in europe have this option and while I cant vouch for them at all, "golden contract", in russia, allows almost all commodities, including the metals and oil and gas. "goldencontract.ru/en"

mp

philt:
Are you telling me you dont know how to check to see if is ECN quotes..? With any broker..

No, I'm telling you that any broker using MT4 can NOT be a true ECN. It's impossible. The software can NOT allow that type of order pairing. MetaTrader requires a dealing desk plugin on the backend to function. MT4 = Market Maker...

MP --- does any of this really matter in the real world ?

riffster:
No, I'm telling you that any broker using MT4 can NOT be a true ECN. It's impossible. The software can NOT allow that type of order pairing. MetaTrader requires a dealing desk plugin on the backend to function. MT4 = Market Maker...

==================================================

While what you state is presently very true, and MT4 is NOT a platform used by ECN's, It does have the capability of being used by an ECN because it is, at its core, nothing more or less than a trading platform, and a trading platform can, with the correct connections and feeds, be hooked to anything.

but in this we are dealing with "how many angels can dance . . . . . . . . " and is of really no great matter.

Presently MT4 is used by "brokers" and presently ECN's DO NOT use MT4 !

Im not quite sure I understand what all the sturm and dranng is all about, as we all must know who is a broker and who is an ECN at this point and shouldnt need to argue which is which.

We shouldnt need to argue HOW MUCH OF THE TOTAL MARKET is feeding our ECN's or brokers, because the reality of retail trading is IT DOESNT MATTER !

We trade against the prices in front of us, and have NO reason to think about the ones we dont see, so why go hyper-theoretical about a known and visible reality ?

Once you become a multi billion dollar forex institution, go get your 25 feeds, 40 traders and work hard for every pipette --- in the meantime, face reality and trade with what they give us. Ive never seen it to stop anyone from making good profits !

enjoy and trade well

mp

To keep in the theme of this thread and to contribute, I would like to say:

Anything that MT4 gets involved in will indirectly take away money from us. (traders)

So my point is that even if a true ECN would offer MT4 as a platform...MT4 would figure out how to offer a benefit to the ECN not to us, to market it. So I really do not care about a MT4 compatible ECN, because I read about what MT4 is all about and what they license.

ES

mp6140:
==================================================

While what you state is presently very true, and MT4 is NOT a platform used by ECN's, It does have the capability of being used by an ECN because it is, at its core, nothing more or less than a trading platform, and a trading platform can, with the correct connections and feeds, be hooked to anything.

but in this we are dealing with "how many angels can dance . . . . . . . . " and is of really no great matter.

Presently MT4 is used by "brokers" and presently ECN's DO NOT use MT4 !

Im not quite sure I understand what all the sturm and dranng is all about, as we all must know who is a broker and who is an ECN at this point and shouldnt need to argue which is which.

We shouldnt need to argue HOW MUCH OF THE TOTAL MARKET is feeding our ECN's or brokers, because the reality of retail trading is IT DOESNT MATTER !

We trade against the prices in front of us, and have NO reason to think about the ones we dont see, so why go hyper-theoretical about a known and visible reality ?

Once you become a multi billion dollar forex institution, go get your 25 feeds, 40 traders and work hard for every pipette --- in the meantime, face reality and trade with what they give us. Ive never seen it to stop anyone from making good profits !

enjoy and trade well

mp

I agree, I was just responding to "Philt's" statement on page 4:

Ikon royal forex is ECN broker...

Royal uses MT4, hense they are not an ECN.

lost

hi

finally after reading this thread from A to z as i was advised to do . i cant see you saying anything positive about any broker . how it can be possible , themust be traders among you , trading, making money , withdrawing profit . experiencing

this maket for year . how no body among you can say this one is good and this one is bad .

how can anyone new after reading your entire thread decide were to go and with whom to trade . thread like this make people just more lost than before reading it .

Why would you expect someone to put their reputation on the line and recommend or suggest or guaranty anything to you.?

Just get out of denial and face the music!

THEY ARE ALL THIEVES.

There are not any guarantees in this business...

ES

imad:
hi

finally after reading this thread from A to z as i was advised to do . i cant see you saying anything positive about any broker . how it can be possible , themust be traders among you , trading, making money , withdrawing profit . experiencing

this maket for year . how no body among you can say this one is good and this one is bad .

how can anyone new after reading your entire thread decide were to go and with whom to trade . thread like this make people just more lost than before reading it .

MP -- ok, some brokers and others for you

imad:
hi

=======================================================

understand that whats gold to one is lead to another --- brokers are like "significant others" in that theres lots of choices and you dont always end up with the one you started with !

for lack of anything else to do, with the ECN's, choose from MB or IB unless youre starting with over $7500 USD equity. For the "brokers", Oanda, Alpari, FXDD will get you going.

my own personal prejudice is InterbankFX, for too many reasons to go into here, BUT there are also those who like them, so go figure.

youve asked a very difficult question, except for the obviously BAD ones, all of the others have some good to them --- stick with those whove been around for a while --- they will prob be around some more !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Brokers make money to stay in business. As long as they don't go over their borders and try some funny business, I don't mind paying a little higher spread to keep them in business, thus allowing me to continue trading. At least I know they will be there when I want to make withdrawals, and that I can count on stability with their platform/feed. So stop looking for the best deal or the lowest spread, concentrate more on your trading because brokers making money is just part of doing business.

Reason: