Petit Pip Eater - page 8

gmax111:
sorry the above test of petit_pip_tsd_003 was on the 15m chart this is the 30m chart test...

Very bad... this is the same (...003, 30m 7/2004-7/2007) with Metaquote normal data (not tick data). Just to show the quality of the MQ datafeed...

Files:

What this EA does is:

Inputs

-------

POS_risk_level: can be L(ow),M(edium) or H(igh). Affects initial lot size

POS_open_time_h

POS_open_time_m: Time that the EA will check to enter a trade

POS_open_time_ml: mintue limit (?). If a trade is opened and closed within this number of minutes, the EA will look again imediately for another trade opportunity. If more than this number of minutes has passed since the position was opened until it is closed, the EA waits until the POS_open_time the following day.

POS_lot_rate: not sure, have not changed this one yet

POS_rev: don't know

MA & RSI inputs: I think these are red herrings - the EA does not appear to use these indicators!

Other inputs are easily understood I hope.

================================

At the time specifed in the inputs (deafult 20.00)

* It checks something to decide buy, sell, or no trade

*It does not place a trade on Friday

* If it places a trade, it opens the MM lot size with TP = POS_tp (default 6) and SL = POS_sl (default 100)

*If the TP is hit within POS_open_time_ml mintues, it immediately looks for another trade opportunity

What I don't know is the "something" it uses to decide buy,sell or no trade.

In my backtesting, it opens over 100 buy orders and only 4 sell orders.

Mostly the buy orders are opened when the price is above the 5 MAs, but there are examples where it has opened orders where the price is below some of the MAs (see 5 June 2007 and 30 April 2007). Also the MAs do not seem to need to be in order, sometimes they are crossed over when the trade is entered.

Mostly the RSI is above 55 when the trade is entered, but not always (see 2 April 2007 and 6 March 2007 and 8 Jan 2007)

My thought is that it might be a simple longer term MA to determine overall trend, but it misses a lot of chances where it could place sell orders in downtrends.

So this logic remains a mystery at the moment!

The mystery of this EA is intriguing.

but more importantly...

On my demo of those 24 little EUR/USD charts representing each hour, it survives!

I have reduced the SL to 50 PIPS on all TF's and I use a larger TP of 12 PIPS (from 6 pips) during the busier Forex sessions.

ES

P.S. However if I were ever able to transfer into live mode, I would eventually need to understand how this EA works...

SunRapt:
What this EA does is:

Inputs

-------

POS_risk_level: can be L(ow),M(edium) or H(igh). Affects initial lot size

POS_open_time_h

POS_open_time_m: Time that the EA will check to enter a trade

POS_open_time_ml: mintue limit (?). If a trade is opened and closed within this number of minutes, the EA will look again imediately for another trade opportunity. If more than this number of minutes has passed since the position was opened until it is closed, the EA waits until the POS_open_time the following day.

POS_lot_rate: not sure, have not changed this one yet

POS_rev: don't know

MA & RSI inputs: I think these are red herrings - the EA does not appear to use these indicators!

Other inputs are easily understood I hope.

================================

At the time specifed in the inputs (deafult 20.00)

* It checks something to decide buy, sell, or no trade

*It does not place a trade on Friday

* If it places a trade, it opens the MM lot size with TP = POS_tp (default 6) and SL = POS_sl (default 100)

*If the TP is hit within POS_open_time_ml mintues, it immediately looks for another trade opportunity

What I don't know is the "something" it uses to decide buy,sell or no trade.

In my backtesting, it opens over 100 buy orders and only 4 sell orders.

Mostly the buy orders are opened when the price is above the 5 MAs, but there are examples where it has opened orders where the price is below some of the MAs (see 5 June 2007 and 30 April 2007). Also the MAs do not seem to need to be in order, sometimes they are crossed over when the trade is entered.

Mostly the RSI is above 55 when the trade is entered, but not always (see 2 April 2007 and 6 March 2007 and 8 Jan 2007)

My thought is that it might be a simple longer term MA to determine overall trend, but it misses a lot of chances where it could place sell orders in downtrends.

So this logic remains a mystery at the moment!

POS_risk_level: can be L(ow),M(edium) or H(igh) or C(ustom). Affects initial lot size, if C(ustom), it depends on POS_lot_rate ( +some factor)

POS_rev: Risk level to change lot size

bbop

first version of this EA stopped trading for me this week. Wonder if it has expiration date. Is anyone else still testing this EA?

same here....

zomg:
first version of this EA stopped trading for me this week. Wonder if it has expiration date. Is anyone else still testing this EA?

Same here. This EA's last trade was on 27.02.2008, about 17.00h GMT.

was the EA profitable on your forward tests?

Yes it was for the short time that i had it...but I did not use it in a conventional way...If you could unlock the expiration date I would be willing to trade it live after some more forward testing in Demo and share my settings and results.

I am unable to go to the Asian Forum as i do not speak the language.

ES

gmax111:
was the EA profitable on your forward tests?

uh how l can take profit

l am always looking for best EA or indicator but l am not profit

any body can have a clue for me

before l am sorry if my english is bad

Reason: