Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 135

nevar:
How about exploring the idea of price distance in pips or percent( pi ?) from a moving average ?

Percentage is preferred. Each individual pair will have its own MA so pips for one pair of Same currency group will not be the same for all other pairs when MA distance is measured from the single-line MA. After measuring each of 7 individual pairs MA distance derived average of all the pairs becomes group MA distance to give general guidance .

mladen:
This should allow you a time shift, but try it out : bearbullbalance_1_1.mq4

yes, this is what I wanted...great work Mladen.. thank u soo much...

deleted.....

mladen:
can you post the indicator you are using so it can be checked if what you need can be done?

It is BearBullBalance.mq4..pls check with it ...

Files:

mladen:

rashme

As far as I see, that one resets on a start of the year. Is that correct?

no...In line 202, if we replace "TimeDayOfYear" with "TimeDayOfWeek" or simply "TimeDay" , we get the same results...it is actually resetting everyday...

mladen:

mntiwana

You have touched what is the biggest problem of "semaphore" like stuff (indicators, panels, baskets, whatever name we give it).

One can not decide based on one singe state of some indicator. That is meaningless. Like seeing in the fall that it is 20 degrees centigrade and planting vegetable based on that 20 degrees centigrade information only and disregarding completely where it comes from. "Heatmap" is a bit better (not too much, but better) simply because it gives you a multi time frame quick picture, and then, combining those multiple time frame information, we can get something like an overall picture and decide based on a time frame of our choice

So, to make it short, as long as I do not come up with some acceptable way of having a clear picture where the state of something comes from, I will not jump into "basketing" - if nothing else, for one simple reason : after all these years I do know that baskets (and I mean real baskets, not a 2 state jump into market hype) are working only in ranging markets (as it is in the last 6-7 months) and are failing miserably in times of trend. That would be too much responsibility to hush down that fact simply because the chart looks so nice with 1000s of colored buttons

Yes that is very true... indicator react totally different to the different Pairs...

We have done such a deep analyse based on that... same settings for different pairs and totally different results..

mladen:

I am not sure

Will check the code

if u can manage to get the " sum total " of the last 'n' number of bars..... then also it's ok....

NicoleDeinhard:

Yes that is very true... indicator react totally different to the different Pairs...

We have done such a deep analyse based on that... same settings for different pairs and totally different results..

may be we needs some more study and research work on it,logically the idea is not bad,i think it valid,if we could find some solution properly....already some where in my previous posts in past i tried to explain and understand same topic and issue concerning to it,but it was over looked after few posts ...... here is a well explained the same idea and i think logically it is valid as per my poor approach,after reading may be some one of you agree with me or at least i could have some opposite views,it is how things leads towards proper way. " http://www.forexearlywarning.com/forex-lessons/parallel-and-inverse-analysis " .

regards

optionhk:

Percentage is preferred. Each individual pair will have its own MA so pips for one pair of Same currency group will not be the same for all other pairs when MA distance is measured from the single-line MA. After measuring each of 7 individual pairs MA distance derived average of all the pairs becomes group MA distance to give general guidance .

Percentage of what?

something like that:

Reason: