Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 95

mladen:
rowish

Metatrader file functions do not allow using folders other than experts\files for build 509 or mql4\files with the new metatrader 4. For being able to use any folder of your PC you would need to use windows API low level file functions.

Is it necessary that you save it at C: drive? If not, simple leave out the "C:\" part from logFile variable and you will find the "Alerts.txt" file in the mql4\files folder

No, it is not necessary to save the file in that specific location. Thank you for clearing this up for me, Mladen.

Hello,

The indicators attached below doesn't work on build 600 above of MT4

Would you check the attached file out, please?

Sincerely,

david

davidoh:
Hello,

The indicators attached below doesn't work on build 600 above of MT4

Would you check the attached file out, please?

Sincerely,

david

David

Here you go :

corridor_ssa_normalized_end-pointed_2.02_floating_zero_nmc.mq4

corridor_ssa_normalized_end-pointed_mtf_2_nmc.mq4

davidoh:
indeed appreciate it.

best wishes,

david

Happy trading

Initial post deleted since after double checking the requested feature does not stand due to behavior of the indicator.

rowish:
I would kindly ask our amazing experts if they could implement an alert option for price striking BBands Stop lines. The situation is illustrated in the screenshot below, with the red circles. The up to date indicator is in this post.

bbands_stop_v1.01_amp_alerts_mtf_nmc.mq4

Thank you in advance!

rowish

On each case when high or low break the band? Or just the first case?

mladen:
rowish On each case when high or low break the band? Or just the first case?

Ideally when either high or low breaks the band. But double checking the behavior of the indicator I've noticed that this triggers the change of the trend alert (am I right?). In this case my request can only stand for previous bar, after the actual trend has been re-confirmed, but it won't be of much use.

rowish:
Ideally when either high or low breaks the band. But double checking the behavior of the indicator I've noticed that this triggers the change of the trend alert (am I right?). In this case my request can only stand for previous bar, after the actual trend has been re-confirmed, but it won't be of much use.

rowish

Then I suggest that we disregard that. If you set the alerts to current, in the moment when close break the band it will alert, and then when it retreats the band will be back - so, better to simply use existing alerts on a closed bar (to avoid false alerts)

Reason: