Martingale EA - page 54

but ...shouldn't the balance predicate what to do here...hmmmm...

buy fixing the progression we are forcing everone to be a piker!

What if i want to throw 50K at this? and just trade one pair...Cable

I like the doubling routine and really do not see the difference....the maxtrade input is needed however...

ES

wolfe:
Kayvan, How far do you want this progression to go? Do you want it to stop after a certain level? A safety net of some kind?

There is a maxtrade input...and even an option to close if it is reached...We have a doubling routine which is easier to code and so similar to your progression...

ES

kayvan:
it will be good to have an option that , we can be able to choose the progression level.

ElectricSavant:
kayvan,

Can you give me the signifigance between these two comparisons and why one is preferred over the other ?

ES

say we have sell 0.1 @ 19500 ok? the price goes against us till 1.9520 ok? our buy order actived@1.9520 with 0.2 ok?now, how much movement we need to close these orders without loosing? 20 pips right?

now say our buy order actived @ 1.9520 with 0.3 lot size (in above ex.)

ok, now, how much movement we need to close these orders without loosing ? 10 pips

which one is more possibility ????

hey wolfe,

while you are busy coding...can you add that "dunk" sound...you know the one..."dunk"...when a trade is entered...

Input could say Sound:...True or false

The BlackBird EA has this sound.

ES

Well...couldn't i ask the same question at progression 3?

ES

kayvan:
say we have sell 0.1 @ 19500 ok? the price goes against us till 1.9520 ok? our buy order actived@1.9520 with 0.2 ok?now, how much movement we need to close these orders without loosing? 20 pips right?

now say our buy order actived @ 1.9520 with 0.3 lot size (in above ex.)

ok, now, how much movement we need to close these orders without loosing ? 10 pips

which one is more possibility ????

at progression 5 your doubling by then anyways.

kayvan,

You keep talking 10 pips...This EA exits all the orders at a global dollar TP...or a percent of balance....

ES

anyway's kayvan...I am having great success with doulbling...I am heading to another TP as we speak...but I only use 5 bucks and not 10 pips...

Thanks for this...

I will go live soon...as I like to test with micro's in a live account...

ES

ElectricSavant:
Well...couldn't i ask the same question at progression 3? ES

yes u can .why not?

from where i always don`t let it to go so far i did`t think about the more progression deeply . but at this moment i see . it`s power is just in it`s first order . while we need more margin to go through more procession in my method the difference of lot size is very less to mention about it(thus, it is effective. but less margin use is better. )) ,thank you for correction . attention wolfe

Well I got that TP...

All of you are thinking ....

The kayvan progression at 10 pips

or....

Doubling at 5 bucks...

Which is better?

Both kayvan and I are correct...there is not a wrong or a right...Actually I want you folks to see that kayvans progression may in fact allow for an earlier exit with a larger TP...but is the movement within cable enough for Electrics 5 bucks?

I suppose if wolfe wants to backtest....which I do not want to rely on backtests, other than to make sure the EA is functioning correctly...well anyways...I guess we could see if kayvan at 10 pips or Electric at 5 bucks is more profitable?

This is not an ego thing and kayvan is proving this...all of us just want to make this "community EA" all it can be with an effective menu of inputs that matter.

ES

Reason: