• Pause
  • PipSpace™
  • MA Initial Start
  • New Thread
  • Make the default in Maxtrades to read 999

ES

I'm getting caught up here.....

ElectricSavant:

wolfe...Please ask ralph how the EA can close several hunderd orders more efficiently...

Ralph..wolfey prolly' does not want to bother you...if you have time could you help him code the "close-all" routine?

Not sure there is a better way to close SEVERAL HUNDRED orders instantly, without any slippage.

With a small TP using WFM or simply a regular TP, while in the closing process, the price could move on a hundred orders against you before you have completed Close_All. This shift in price can bury your small TP.

Ralph,

If you know a better way to close hundreds of orders, I want to learn from you!

sivach:
I also noticed despite WFM settings, total closed profits were negative amounts (?) in two cycles. Maybe closing multiple orders at once has to be looked at, I think.

Yes, anyone know a better way to close multiple orders without slippage in price?

I'm not sure it's possible.

My only advice thus far is to set a higher TP.

kayvan:
the bugs really are not important for now . we have another problem with mass of orders . Wolfe . we need 1 tp for every position , and a 1 tp for remaining positions .i think this will solve the problem .

You're describing a coding NIGHTMARE here Kayvan!

ElectricSavant:

Wifey will divorce me if I do not turn the sound off.

That's too bad!

I was going to make a special ElectricSavant Machine Gun version of PipIdiot, complete with a new sound file.

ralph.ronnquist:
... being put on the spot like that, I loaded up a few experiments, backtesting only, and, well, I think there's a bit to go. It looks nice, decorating peaks blue and troughs red, on the prospect of catching the next major jump up or down.

But, is it a winner?

Well, it keeps opening trades by breach level logic, until one of a few things come about: firstly it might reach a favourable profit situation, secondly it might reach a limit to the number of trades, and thirdly it might reach a "terminal" loss situation. The first is good, the second is 50-50, and the third is bad.

By design, the third won't happen without the second, because while new trades can be added in the most recent price move direction, the EA does so, and thereby it changes the effective trade size and direction. (No need to redo the math ).

It seems the trade limit has two reasons: either reaching the set count of trades, or reaching as many trades as margin allows. The count of trades is also tied to an optional force closing, while a margin limit merely makes the EA sit and wait for an eventual win or loss.

Perhaps the force close option should apply to margin limit as well? The exits would then be either profitable or the 50-50 force close, which perhaps would make it statistically a 50-50 machine, though tunable to lean towards winning for finite time and a sub set of potential price move histories.

Ok, so it's easy to be critical, and to shine of pretentious wisdom without having trialled all, or most, even, of the options. That's what you get when you ask for it

Ralph,

I agree with all you said.

There is a looooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go on this one!

I'm not sold on this method yet. Don't blame me, I'm just the wanna be programmer.

Where is Ralph when you need him! Prolly' out partying with kayvan!

ES

wolfe:
Yes, anyone know a better way to close multiple orders without slippage in price?

I'm not sure it's possible.

My only advice thus far is to set a higher TP.

Reason: