Martingale EA - page 68

9 deep is not really as bad as you might imagine as it is a NET of nine with a lot of hedged orders in the background built up in the progression...

as long as you are looking for a conservative TP things can happen a litte quicker at cloud 9

but do get out at a loss after that...I set that in the EA....

ES

ElectricSavant:
9 deep is not really as bad as you might imagine as it is a NET of nine with a lot of hedged orders in the background built up in the progression...

as long as you are looking for a conservative TP things can happen a litte quicker at cloud 9

but do get out at a loss after that...I set that in the EA....

ES

Good point ES. One of the beauties of this system is the fact that we are hedging or partially hedging orders.

I havent tested in depth yet like everyone else here. I do like the hedging idea. I have an ea that wackena programmed that uses a hedge and seems to be profitable. ...but never did use live. (Modified firebird. )

The Kayvan method will be tested ! whooo RAH!

kayvan:

in this theory, for entering a trend we look at close of a candle (we need to close of a bar for anticipating ,a rend is going to begin, and need to it`s high or low to entering a trade). Ex: in sell order, if we had a bar that it`s close is less than 8 previous bars we enter the market .otherwise won`t enter .

and we will keep this sell till, 4 bars couldn't`t close below their previous es. now, we need the fourth high point candle .if trigger 2 points up ,we will go long. and vice versa for buy .

have a nice weekends

I think I get what you mean now.

One question- What do you mean by this word?

kayvan:
rend

This may be a good system to look at, but it will not be included in v1_6 as I want to post it this weekend. I am eager for people to test it, and want reports on any potential bugs in it's execution.

wolfe:
Interesting thoughts kayvan.

I don't know if you realize this yet or not, but the latest version I am about to release has a user option you can set for how many bars you want the EA to look back on. For example, if you choose 8 bars, it will use the high and the low of the last 8 bars to implement your method (now known as the kayvan method).

Here is what the parameters for the kayvan method are-

extern bool Use_Kayvan_Method=true;//select to use kayvan's method

extern int Bar_Timeframe=60;//Bar Timeframe used to look back on, 1m=1, 5m=5, 15m=15, 30m=30, 1hr=60, 4hr=240, 1d=1440

extern int Bars_Look_Back=1;//number of bars looked back at from current bar for high and low

extern int EntryLag_Long=2;//number of pips above high to enter trade(ADD YOUR OWN SPREAD)

extern int EntryLag_Short=2;//number of pips below low to enter trade(ADD YOUR OWN SPREAD)
I think you will be busy for a while.

again and again thank you ,wolfe . but this is not what i mean .

in this theory, for entering a trend we look at close of a candle (we need to close of a bar for anticipating ,a trend is going to begin, and need to it`s high or low to entering a trade). Ex: in sell order, if we had a bar that it`s close is less than 8 previous bars we enter the market .otherwise won`t enter .

and we will keep this sell till, 4 bars couldn't`t close below their previous es. now, we need the fourth high point candle .if trigger 2 points up ,we will go long. and vice versa for buy .

have a nice weekends

wolfe:
I think I get what you mean now.

One question- What do you mean by this word?

rend

sorry . that is trend

Anyway's I will be putting my money where my mouth is and trading this live soon...and I will provide a log-in for those of you interested to check in my Trading Journal below (my live portfolio is all collected there):

Bright Idea's :: Index

The demo testing and searching for bugs continues and I will post the new Demo log-in here when 1.6 gets out for those of you that wish to follow along in this testing and discussion thread of the tests I am performing. I am simple minded and speak in plain speak and I have posted the options I will be testing in some posts above this post. I do not make many drastic changes as the original kayvan EA seems to work thus far...all the options that wolfe agreed with were for those of you that had earlier suggested them and I simply suggested to wolfe that he implement them from the get-go to avoid numerous upgrades.

I look forward to your idea's and this is my favorite thread currently.

ES

Repost

Anyway's I will be putting my money where my mouth is and trading this live soon...and I will provide a log-in for those of you interested to check in my Trading Journal below (my live portfolio is all collected there):

Bright Idea's :: Index

The demo testing and searching for bugs continues and I will post the new Demo log-in here when 1.6 gets out for those of you that wish to follow along in this testing and discussion thread of the tests I am performing. I am simple minded and speak in plain speak and I have posted the options I will be testing in some posts above this post. I do not make many drastic changes as the original kayvan EA seems to work thus far...all the options that wolfe agreed with were for those of you that had earlier suggested them and I simply suggested to wolfe that he implement them from the get-go to avoid numerous upgrades.

I look forward to your idea's and this is my favorite thread currently. You folks and testers will soon have a full plate to work with for weeks to come...Thanks to wolfe and you!

ES

P.S. please be patient as there will be a few bugs in 1.6 as it is impossible to find them all in such a complex code...wolfe needs you to catch every detail as he simply cannot find all the bugs...

ElectricSavant:
please be patient as there will be a few bugs in 1.6 as it is impossible to find them all in such a complex code...wolfe needs you to catch every detail as he simply cannot find all the bugs...

I will post v1_6 in about 5 hours. Whether all the bugs are worked out or not. I will rely on all my great testers to help me, as ES suggests.

wolfe,

ahhh..Balance Weight BRILLIANT! What MA settings are used if the kayvan method is implored?

I had not thought of this...and did not even know it was possible to code!

ES

Reason: