SDS - Simple Daily System EA - page 8

Amend Close All EA

You could amend the close all ea to reflect the new desired equity level.

I cant open the ea to check the coding but something simple like this

if(CloseAll == true && AmountOfOrders==0)

{EquityTarget=EquityTarget + $10;

CloseAll == false;}

And so it keeps amending the equity target.

Another way would be to just add up the individual order profit and if it goes over your target amount of $10. It then closes all. Once orders are closed there is no profit so it starts again.

Hello members. I will be posting my trade results next week for the month. This system so far seems to be profitable. The EA is still having a problem with the positions sizes, however, the largest position size has been .5 lots. Can a coder please correct this mm problem if possible?

Thank you,

Lcfx

Has anyone tried forward testing on just a single pair to see if the lot sizing works?

Maybe the multiple pairs are somehow throwing it off...

Until someone can fix the lot size routine in this EA I have been using this EA for the last two weeks by manually setting the lot size by tracking the win/loss daily per pair and manually setting the EA each day based on this

To do this you need to ensure you delete the account history each day

This way I can see what the potential of this EA has to offer once it is working properly. I run 10 pairs live and I can tell you this EA is VERY profitable. Cant really send a statement as I also use other EA's and manual strategies in my live account but I have made last week alone 1728 pips.

Oh, I also look at the 60 day average range that the EA gives you and calculates 75% of theis number for my TP and SL for each pair. I set this every weekend

Hope someone can fix this EA

I posted a few weeks ago that I would try and fix it, but ended up going off on a tangent instead of keeping things simple (basically, my 'multi-pair' version doesn't work properly, and I've lost interest in fixing it!) That said, despite several posters now having stated that the MM doesn't work properly, as far as I'm aware, no-one has shown a specific example of what is going wrong - one currency, with screenshots of the problem, any any other pertinent info! I can't afford another MT installation eating up more system resources, just to uncover the problem, that, and my 'MT development' is done on a WHC setup, who don't allow stops to be set simultaneously with orders (silly!) necessitating more code changes...

I modded this version for no lot incrementing based on safire's comments.

Just leave the Lot Size Factor alone and manually change the number of lots.

Please note this compiles OK but I have not checked it on a demo.

safire25:
Until someone can fix the lot size routine in this EA I have been using this EA for the last two weeks by manually setting the lot size by tracking the win/loss daily per pair and manually setting the EA each day based on this

To do this you need to ensure you delete the account history each day

This way I can see what the potential of this EA has to offer once it is working properly. I run 10 pairs live and I can tell you this EA is VERY profitable. Cant really send a statement as I also use other EA's and manual strategies in my live account but I have made last week alone 1728 pips.

Oh, I also look at the 60 day average range that the EA gives you and calculates 75% of theis number for my TP and SL for each pair. I set this every weekend

Hope someone can fix this EA

Hello:

Thanks for posting, Icfxtrader. This has caught my attention and I've had a look at the code. As with Omlette, I do not necessarily see anything (code-wise) that is flawed in the MM system, beyond the warnings he already gave. But there are a couple of things I feel might be at issue. I will try running it and see if I can get the MM section to fail, and fix it.

I think that Safire has a good idea about using "ADR" to auto-calculate the TP & SL, but I have a couple questions:

First off, as Perky said, this is the same as the ATR (Average True Range), correct? Not sure what you are using for ADR, but ATR is a standard indicator.

Second, you were using a period of 20 (20 days) for this?

Third, why would you set this only once per week, instead of each day?

Fourth, regarding the EA itself, this is meant to be run on a daily chart, correct? Just want to be sure.

Thanks,

-Derk

First of all thankyou WNW for coding the EA so I dont have to delete history every day.

Hi DerkWehler,

I am just using the "Average range of X days" have played with different day durations but I feel 60 days use a more smoother and accurate range which effectively absorbs major spikes here and there.

By using 75% of this I find most of the time it just hits this before reversing, not always of course but a lot of the time.

If you can code the EA to do this daily that would be great but for 60 day range it doesnt change to much day to day, mayne 5-6 pips over a whole week hence why I do this only once per week.

I run this on a 1 hour chart and every morning for me (0 GMT) is when I trigger the EA to do its thing. As I said before I set the trades up every morning at about 23.00 GMT with the correct lot size based on the win loss tracking from the previous day. I also set the PSAR to true so not everyday a pair will trade but withg 10 pairs on average 5-7 pairs will open and only when they close will I set them up for the next day

I hope this makes sense, please ask me to clarify anything, of course if the EA works as intented then all I would have to do is set the TP/SL not the lot's

Could someone please code this to trade only on PSAR direction? not Moving average at all

If you look over 1 hour charts at the 0 GMT and were to trade at that time in the direction of the PSAR you will find a high probability the trade will go in that direction.

I trade off the 200 SMA and if PSAR agrees which is safe but I miss any big retracements heading back to the 200 SMA line that would usually always disagree with the PSAR direction and miss the trade.

Maybe if the EA can have a setting to enable Moving Averages just like it does now to enable PSAR?

Reason: