Help: How to write simple EA to buy and sell at a specific time? - page 3

This EA isn't based on MACD correct? Just set time to open trades?

matrixebiz:
This EA isn't based on MACD correct? Just set time to open trades?

Yes, you are correct. Don't have nothing to do with MACD.

Only Time is important here.

B.

Files:

Correlation Grid EA

The purpose of this thread is to create and test a Correlated Grid EA as a group and report the results.

EA requirements:

Start time in GMT

Currency pairs to be traded: drop down to choose pairs (Ex: EUR/USD & USD/CHF)

1st pair trade position: Long or Short

2nd pair trade position: Long or Short

1st pair lot size

2nd pair lot size

1st pair max # of positions

2nd pair max # of positions

1st pair spacing in pips

2nd pair spacing in pips

1st pair take profit in pips

2nd pair take profit in pips

1st pair stop loss in pips

2nd pair stop loss in pips

Notes: A spacing interval would be replaced after its designated TP is reached.

Please post suggestions for improvements.

lcfxtrader:
The purpose of this thread is to create and test a Correlated Grid EA as a group and report the results.

EA requirements:

Start time in GMT

Currency pairs to be traded: drop down to choose pairs (Ex: EUR/USD & USD/CHF)

1st pair trade position: Long or Short

2nd pair trade position: Long or Short

1st pair lot size

2nd pair lot size

1st pair max # of positions

2nd pair max # of positions

1st pair spacing in pips

2nd pair spacing in pips

1st pair take profit in pips

2nd pair take profit in pips

1st pair stop loss in pips

2nd pair stop loss in pips

Notes: A spacing interval would be replaced after its designated TP is reached.

Please post suggestions for improvements.

Are you closing each pair separately, based on their own TP or SL? Or, are you closing them at the same time when a collective TP or SL is met?

After a close condition is met does it re-start? Or, does it re-start the next day according to a set GMT time?

Nice. And who's making the EA here?

Let me know how you make drop-down lists as soon as you have it. I'd like to use it as well because the only drop-down list I've seen is "true/false" list.

But if you make it, please let me know

Are you closing each pair separately, based on their own TP or SL? Or, are you closing them at the same time when a collective TP or SL is met? After a close condition is met does it re-start? Or, does it re-start the next day according to a set GMT time?

Wolfe,

Each pair can have their own TP, SL, & grid spacing. Need to find best settings. These are only examples.

Ex: EUR/USD TP 8, SL 300, GS 10

USD/CHF TP 10, SL 300, GS 12

After a take profit is reached, the trade is immediately replaced at the level that it was initiated.

The other thought was to have the USD/CHF take a trade triggered of the EUR/USD with both having inputs for TP & SL. Perhaps have the start time should be optional. The EA at this point would be closed manually at the user discretion. Perhaps it can close after X amount of pips or dollars are reached. Thanks, Lcfx

Let me know how you make drop-down lists as soon as you have it. I'd like to use it as well because the only drop-down list I've seen is "true/false" list.

I believe Wolfe is going to code the EA. He has been very generous with his time on our other EA and is much appreciated. The drop-down list was just a thought. No idea if it can be done. Manually entry of the pairs are fine with me.

lcfxtrader:

I believe Wolfe is going to code the EA. He has been very generous with his time on our other EA and is much appreciated. The drop-down list was just a thought. No idea if it can be done. Manually entry of the pairs are fine with me.

Unless Wolfe PM'ed you and stated as much, I doubt it - he is damn busy on his other project, as well as having to hold down a day-job I believe!

In fact, your OP seems more an indirect request for someone to program an EA for you - all you provided is a 'personalised' menu layout. There are plenty of Grid EA's already out there. What is missing are ideas on how to prevent them blowing your account.

All of which is sadly missing in you opening post, so it hardly warrants a new thread imo...

correlation

We developed 4 years ago a robot based on correlation (see picture).

Refco is not existing but correlation is still working well.

We are using few correlator on different pairs.

Unless Wolfe PM'ed you and stated as much, I doubt it - he is damn busy on his other project, as well as having to hold down a day-job I believe!

In fact, your OP seems more an indirect request for someone to program an EA for you - all you provided is a 'personalised' menu layout. There are plenty of Grid EA's already out there. What is missing are ideas on how to prevent them blowing your account.

All of which is sadly missing in you opening post, so it hardly warrants a new thread imo...

In deed we have talked about it through PM and have seen positive results of this system. It's up to him if he wants to do it. We are still working on our other project at this time so this will probably be placed on the back burner for a while unless another coded can program it. Do you know of a grid EA that has these inputs already?

Reason: