BlackBird ea - page 5

Well...I got flat for the weekend in the EUR/USD and banked $81.40 in total (see earlier posted input settings). Getting flat was simplier than I thought...just go into the smiley face and set AutoRestart to "false" (even if you are in the middle of a trade).

I will continue to post the results of this pair when trading resumes...

ES

matrixebiz,

I did notice you asked me as you quoted my post. I am not related to cuda or his EA... I am just a user and I can be wrong about a lot of this. It would be real appropriate for him to come here to HIS thread and answer some questions...(there may be a language difficulty, I suspect).

AutoRestart if set to "true" means that you can just let the EA run continiuosly and it will exit and enter until it reaches its profit target and then start again.

If "false"

it will not start initially or restart automatically...

To make this more clear...this can be an "always in" system...or you can take one trade set at a time...(just now there is not a "smart entry" type of discretion in the code...so it will just get right back in after getting exiting completely all the spreadzone trades it made, ON THAT CHART)

ES

I do not know if I am allowed to mention this...but cuda is working on a new EA and I am not at liberty to discuss it...I just wanted you guys to know this junior-coder is expanding & growing...Lets hope he becomes like David and helps this community when he can.

ES

P.S. maybe he is not a coder at all...and just pays people to make this stuff for him..I really do not know. But his hedge idea will be a "going live icebreaker" for me...cause as it stands now I am too scared to take BlackBird live, even in the EUR/USD starting with a microlot and 2K.

I will turn BlackBird on now (set autorestart to "true")...but I would recommend that you do not use Blackbird until the London open and the US open...and only on trhe EUR/USD

I want to test this and see how long it can stay alive in an "always in" state.

ES

Balance $2,079.40 Float $0.00

Just to let you know how the EUR/USD is going this Sunday evening...

1st. trade took...1hr 12 min. no progression..it entered long and did not complete the spread, it just went to profit.

2nd. trade exited 2hr 31min after the first trade..it entered short then put the long leg of the spread on then never looked back.

3rd. trade exited 4hr 13min after the 2nd trade. it progressed to 3.20 minis before exiting.Balance $2,085.20

This is slow and dangerous just now and very possible for the price NOT to trend its way out of progressions...and to build up to a max loss situation (I have it set to 1/2 of the acct balance) as the GBP/JPY did.

better to trade when busier...

You traders that use this EA must really consider when you start it...

ES

Good Work

Hi ElectricSavant,

I personally do not have the time to thoroughly check out an EA as you do so this is a short note to encourage you and say that I am enjoying your work.

Waltini

Nice work

Close to 10% gain in 5 days. I'll continue testing and report back. 5 spread. Dual charts. Starting lot .01 and a profit target of .10. Thank your for this ea Cuda...

Nick,

Files:
blackbird.gif  6 kb
blackbird.htm  272 kb

I am trying so hard my friend...Thank you so much...cuda has pm'd me and we are conversing...I wish I could tell you what he is working on...he has the drive to make a safe BlackBird...wouldn't that be incredible?...He can do it...Bluto has a copy of it...and I am sure that something can be done..Bluto is top gun in programming in my opinion. I do not know who cuda uses to program...but since cuda posted in Bluto's private Forum if I were him, I would ask Bluto for help.

ES

waltini:
Hi ElectricSavant,

I personally do not have the time to thoroughly check out an EA as you do so this is a short note to encourage you and say that I am enjoying your work.

Waltini

CUDA,

Sure wish you would post the .mq4 code on this one!

I don't know about everyone else here, but I think that anyone considering trading an EA live with nothing but a .ex4 file is insane!

I don't care how well an EA tests, if you can't see the code, you will never fully understand what is going on. Insane to gamble your real, hard earned money on an EA you don't fully understand.

You say this EA has no expiration, if this is so, and you are willing to share your hard work, then would you share the .mq4 file with us?

Many of us will not trade an EA without knowing the code. We need to know exactly what is going on.

I like this EA...there are these little "dunk" noises when a trade gets entered...they are not intrusive...and I love to lay in bed at night and hear them when they get wild!...heh..once I had to get up to see what the heck was going on...

I cannot list all of the trades, there are too many. I can only check the account history tab "now and then"... and report here.

BALANCE: $2,117.50, FLOAT: -$0.70, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 01:20 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 1

BALANCE: $2,118.50, FLOAT: +$0.85, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 02:20 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 5

BALANCE: $2,119.50, FLOAT: +$0.00, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 02:24 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 2

BALANCE: $2,126.29, FLOAT: -$1.65, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 20:23 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 8

BALANCE: $2,128.89, FLOAT: -$0.50, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 22:35 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 6

BALANCE: $2,162.99, FLOAT: -$0.80, 12/18/07 Tuesday TIME: 02:24 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 10 maxed out with 400:1 leverage and experienced over 25% drawdown

Reason: