Join the Dots. - page 7

FXBabe:
i was being sarcastic, lol. just trying to point out that the risk is too much for the reward. i hope you understand.

=================================================

no problems, but it becomes risky ONLY if it doesnt pay off and to be honest with you, Ive been waiting a long time to see it not work !

considering how GU reverses itself on the daily every 3 days, I imagine that would be the greatest drawdown amount one could get -- also understand that its just a throwaway trade and not my main trading, so i can live with a day or two of drawdowns.

now i gotta figure out where ill set up my portable classroom !

enjoy

mp

fuzion:
Hi Kamper,

Thanks for sharing this method.

Ok

Have thrown all your indicators up on the charts..

Looking at GBP/USD - Daily Chart

Blue Trend Mega.. + Blue Trend Histo + Red dot to go short from about the1.9800 from thursday.

How would you play this trade?

Regards,

fuzion

Hi Fuzion

Ok, not withstanding the confusion of colour, here what I see.

Trades are valid from around the 5th December to current for Short only.

There have been three trades all in some serious profit at this stage.

1st = Short around the 12th Dec.

2nd = Short around the 31st Dec.

3rd = Short around 17th Jan.

Current trade status is Still Shorts only. Graphic attached, with the three trades shown by verticle lines on the chart drawn in Aqua.

Cheers

Wayne

Files:
gbpusd_5.gif  23 kb

interesting situation happening with GU ---- when the ziggy comes DOWN like it did this evening and lites up its circles and arrows (actually, left over from friday, i believe) it DOES NOT do a true reverse to the upside until the 12 midnite est reversal period --- it trades up and then down again. this should be kept in mind as ive been playing the small up move to the 23 fib and then the down move coming off the 23, which SHOULD form a dbl btm and then move up, and while i know it will go up, at the moment its not co-operating like a good little currency.

going to bed so not gonna watch it, as my tp's are set, but short side momentum seems to be holding back the upside move for a while -- we shall see in the morning, but its interesting presently.

mp

oh yeah, GU definitely short and possible 1.9250 area by end of week, although there will be many upside reverses to play during that period

wheeeeeeeeeee

mp

Hi Kamper.

Thanks for the response,

I see exactly what you do, with respect to the current trend on G/U.

Do you prefer the 4h or Daily chart for this method?

Regards,

fuzion.

fuzion:
Hi Kamper.

Thanks for the response,

I see exactly what you do, with respect to the current trend on G/U.

Do you prefer the 4h or Daily chart for this method?

Regards,

fuzion.

Hi Fuzion

I trade it on H4 personally, but some folk are trading it on M15, not that I'd want to, but hey, each to his own. :-)

Cheers

Wayne

azmel:
Here's a working EA. This EA is still under testing so DON'T GO LIVE. Test it on Demo until you understand how it works, especially identifying it's weaknesses. As a guide, open a Demo account with USD 500 and set Lots=0.1. That will give the hedge enough room to move without wiping the account or having the broker to do a margin call.

I tried the EA on my FXDD Demo but it only did a BUY at 1GMT, what happen

Thank You

Thank you Kamper for a good system and thank you MP for your interesting insights.

Paul.

Throw away system

Well MP thanks for sharing your throw away system If it is not your main system and you make good money from it well you must be pulling some good bucks

Anyway the best of British Luck to you , as some might think with out stops you will need it

zandu:
Well MP thanks for sharing your throw away system If it is not your main system and you make good money from it well you must be pulling some good bucks Anyway the best of British Luck to you , as some might think with out stops you will need it

=====================================================

further down the road i will explain WHY i do not use stops, and how I manage to stay alive working that way, but mostly it works by NOT TRADING AGAINST THE TREND, hedging a trade that is "floating", NOT going "all in" on any one position and having a good knowledge of the movements of a currency Im trading.

enjoy and trade well

mp

Reason: