Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 7

faqcya:
Project1972 I don't mean to offend you, by making any changes. I realize that you are the more experienced trader. The reason why I wanted the change was because I saw the way the money management was being calculated and thought it would be better if this EA only concerned itself with its own trades. Lets say I'm an overactive trader one who takes many positions. I use Electra and it has 10 trades all doing very well. I start placing more trades and drop my equity below 10% of my account balance. Electra will end up closing all trades just because the equity was below 10% of the account balance. Losing out on all of its profitable positions and other trades which all had the potential of becoming profitable trades.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but it is my personal opinion that one should never risk more then a certain amount of money on any one trade idea. Just because I risk more then 10% of my account does not mean that I am risking it all on 1 EA or on 1 trade idea. I could easily have over 20 different trade ideas going all at one time each only risking 1%. I usually like to limit myself by a 2 tier method of risk management. 1st I like to limit myself to about 1% per trade idea. Secondly I like to limit myself to 20% for all of my trades.

If I am trading incorrectly and you have a suggestion for a better way of trading please teach me I want to learn.

Sorry, is not my intention to offend yo in any way, sometimes I am a bad teacher and I involuntarily tend to offend people with a little aggressive answers, but its not with other intention to get your attention an to write the idea in your mind forever.

I hope that you understand that you need to be very careful with global variables.

Now I told you that Electra don't need any mood to work with other Strategies in the same account, Electra will not close trades because your other Strategies loses money, Electra only use the Account Equity to calculate the next lot size like all EA but not to close trades.

There is a equity closure build-in but its disabled an not used at all.

Electra only close orders with profit or at SL, not because the equity changed.

Project1972, I see what you mean by not closing orders because of negative equity. I'm sorry.

I see the different money management system. I'm following the double routine for backtesting and livetrading.

I got it in my head now that these things are important

1)double routine for backtesting and live trading

2)check to see if its backtesting or live trading before every global variable read and write

3) assign the account number to each global variable to avoid wrong settings if the user switch the account.

This is where I'm lost the following code

if (!IsTesting())

{

TSLevel=AccountNumber()+"_"+Symbol()+"_TSLevel";

if (!GlobalVariableCheck(TSLevel)) GlobalVariableSet(TSLevel,0);

first you check to see if its testing or not

then your assigning your account number + the symbol + the text _TSLEVEL to the string TSLEVEL

then we go see if there is already a variable named TSLEVEL

if there isn't we are going to create it and set its initial value to 0

now I'm really confused here.

and my guess is that there is a lot more happening here.

This is a total stab in the dark.

Please tell me whats happening here.

I think you're assigning parameters to the string TSLEVEL and its checking to see not just if the global variable exists

but if one exists that has those parameters. And if not you're going to create one and add a new parameter with the value 0 to it.

The last parameter is the one you will be using for the rest of the program.

hallo Project 1972

can u plese put bake test white data tick 99% metod......?

thenks

eran

hinomaru:
today's performance ....:)

How to set up the chart so it looks like yours. Is that an indicator?

Btw, I am running this EA from next week session onwards.

Hi faqcya,

You nearly got it!

Let say your account number is 12345 and you're running this on

EURUSD.

What this portion of code does is:

1) when you are NOT back-testing, ie, !IsTesting()

2) check for the existence of the global variable by the name of:

12345_EURUSD_TSLEVEL

3) if this global variable is already previously created, leave it alone.

4) if it hasnt been created yet, then create it and set it to 0, ie,

12345_EURUSD_TSLEVEL = 0

Hopes this help.

Project1972 might want to correct me if I'm mistaken

Thanks.

faqcya:
Project1972, I see what you mean by not closing orders because of negative equity. I'm sorry.

I see the different money management system. I'm following the double routine for backtesting and livetrading.

I got it in my head now that these things are important

1)double routine for backtesting and live trading

2)check to see if its backtesting or live trading before every global variable read and write

3) assign the account number to each global variable to avoid wrong settings if the user switch the account.

This is where I'm lost the following code

if (!IsTesting())

{

TSLevel=AccountNumber()+"_"+Symbol()+"_TSLevel";

if (!GlobalVariableCheck(TSLevel)) GlobalVariableSet(TSLevel,0);

first you check to see if its testing or not

then your assigning your account number + the symbol + the text _TSLEVEL to the string TSLEVEL

then we go see if there is already a variable named TSLEVEL

if there isn't we are going to create it and set its initial value to 0

now I'm really confused here.

and my guess is that there is a lot more happening here.

This is a total stab in the dark.

Please tell me whats happening here.

I think you're assigning parameters to the string TSLEVEL and its checking to see not just if the global variable exists

but if one exists that has those parameters. And if not you're going to create one and add a new parameter with the value 0 to it.

The last parameter is the one you will be using for the rest of the program.

Ok that makes sense. Kind of like at birth how you're given a first name middle name and last name, but your friends all reference you by your nickname.

safe initial deposit

hello again prject 1972.

due some technical problems i've had with my vps i havnt started my forward testings yet, but i am planning to do so tonight as the week begins.

i have a question:

it confused me a beat when you said at the beginning of this thrad that for each 2000$ a 0.01 lot size would considered reaasonable. but than when you added the mm feature to the latest electra version, you said that in order to reach a perfect balance the initial deposit should be something like 25000$ on a regular acount.

long story short: does 5000$ are enough for a regular acount with 0.01 lot size?

thanks ahead.

Electra was updated to version 1.11 on the first post.

Reason to update:

Bug fix:

Fix a zero divide error because of inconsistent or corrupted data history on some brokers (specially FXLQ and sometimes IBFX real mini accounts)

A routine of data check is implanted in the EA to avoid calculation process until data is loaded.

guy_ml:
hello again prject 1972.

due some technical problems i've had with my vps i havnt started my forward testings yet, but i am planning to do so tonight as the week begins.

i have a question:

it confused me a beat when you said at the beginning of this thrad that for each 2000$ a 0.01 lot size would considered reaasonable. but than when you added the mm feature to the latest electra version, you said that in order to reach a perfect balance the initial deposit should be something like 25000$ on a regular acount.

long story short: does 5000$ are enough for a regular acount with 0.01 lot size?

thanks ahead.

To get a perfect lot size equalization with a 0.5 risk (default low risk) the absolute minimum is

$2500 IBFX Mini, 25,000 IBFX Standard, 250,000 NF

To get a perfect lot size equalization with a 1 risk (medium risk) the absolute minimum is

$1200 IBFX Mini, 12,000 IBFX Standard, 120,000 NF

To get a perfect lot size equalization with a 2 risk (High risk) the absolute minimum is

$600 IBFX Mini, 6,000 IBFX Standard, 60,000 NF

Reason: