Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 62

Different result

Dear all,

I tested Electra v1.17 with same setting in different brokers.

In this morning, this ea opened sell order in A broker but opened buy order in the other broker in the same time.

Can someone explain why this happened?

Files:
qq.png  54 kb

stanley18:
Dear all,

I tested Electra v1.17 with same setting in different brokers.

In this morning, this ea opened sell order in A broker but opened buy order in the other broker in the same time.

Can someone explain why this happened?

Thanks Stanley for your testing and bringing this to our attention, if the Ea is using Absolute Strength indicator it shouldn't have taken that trade, will need to have a look in the code to refresh my memory.

Hi mrtools,

I am not using Absolute Strength indicator in this test.

I am using 3: Stochastic entries.

stanley18:
Hi mrtools,

I am not using Absolute Strength indicator in this test.

I am using 3: Stochastic entries.

Ok when using stochastic entry the Ea is using 4 different timeframe 5,3,3 stochastics ,M15,M30,H1, and H4 timeframes , let me see if i got a mtf stochastic around somewhere and pin point what the signal was then, and will get back with you.

Hi stanley18,

It should not be happened in usual way.

I am not a coder but it may be happened if the data of those 2 brokers are very different by high/low of the bars for example (as IBFX and Alpari for example), or one broker is using very good filtered data (FXCM for example) but the other broker is not filtering the data (LiteForex or many small brokers).

Exactly what Newdigital said Stanley about the time the Ea traded was hard to tell but looked like a sell signal on all 4 timeframes, but pretty sure no buy. Check out this picture, looks like should be sell to me, but i can't say my brokers data is good or bad have no idea.

Files:
stoch_by_4.gif  24 kb

Thanks mrtools and newdigital.

mrtools:
Exactly what Newdigital said Stanley about the time the Ea traded was hard to tell but looked like a sell signal on all 4 timeframes, but pretty sure no buy. Check out this picture, looks like should be sell to me, but i can't say my brokers data is good or bad have no idea.

Hi newdigital,

How do you know FXCM using filtered data and the other is not?

newdigital:
Hi stanley18,

It should not be happened in usual way.

I am not a coder but it may be happened if the data of those 2 brokers are very different by high/low of the bars for example (as IBFX and Alpari for example), or one broker is using very good filtered data (FXCM for example) but the other broker is not filtering the data (LiteForex or many small brokers).

mrtools

Hi mrtools,

You can provide your bottom indicator as specified in your pictures

Files:

stanley18:
Hi newdigital, How do you know FXCM using filtered data and the other is not?

The other brokers are filtering too ...

I remember the discussion between the traders and the head of metaQuotes ... traders complained about the data for some brokers ("i placed sell stop and buy stop order and those orders were executed on the same time?! why?" So, he replied that every broker is filtering the data in different way ... some broker is making the data (price moved) to be moved in more smoothing way ... the other brokers - not ... besides, data is different for different broker especially for lowest timeframe for high/low.

You can compare 2 same charts for 2 brokers to see how the price is moved.

I remember some questions ...

one coder made some EA and said that it is profitable. Trader asked him: "profitable? which broker?".

because in some cases ... if EA is profitable for Alpari so it may be different results for IBFX for example. Especially if EA is using high/low of the bar (on the same way as Firebird EA for example).

Reason: