So, how many people actually make money?

I'm reading through some of the threads here and on other forums. Some things sound astonishingly promising, other things sound totally discouraging.

I see that Newdigital has posted a fantastic amount of data here. Must spend much time, very appreciated. Looking at the EA results, some fantastic results appear possible. I haven't yet downloaded and installed any of these as yet, I will start doing so. But just looking at the EA results, it gives the impression you just plug in the best one, turn it on, and yank out a few million in a few months.

On the other hand, I hear bazillions of horror stories. That Forex brokers are all crooks and scams. That if you start making money they'll kill your EA. That to actually make money is an impossible dream.

So I'm just trying to get some idea of what my chances really are, and what I'm really going to need to do. I did see Newdigital's post saying that you aren't going to make it work in just one hour a day, its going to take a lot more than that. Okay, fair enough. But I guess I just want to have a better idea of just how many hours I'll need to put in, with what chance of success.

Also, I'm not really fully understanding the disconnect between the fantastic possibilities, and the apparent difficulty of putting it into real-world. I mean, if the best EAs get the results as shown, then why can't I just install it, turn it on, and withdraw my millions? Where are the hold-ups between the theory and the reality? Is it just scamming brokers, or what?

P.S. The poll is anonymous, so the world won't know who is making a killing and who is loosing their shirt. Of course anybody that wants to post more details on it, can. I checked "breaking even", though I'm actually still ahead somewhat. I turned 10k into 30k in two days, using manual methods. I thought I had a license to print money. Then I made some loosing trades. I am still somewhat ahead but not a lot.

Sometimes it's really easy, and sometimes it's not. Today on GBPUSD at 2:30AM EST it was quite easy to pick off 35 pips for me. But that's because I watch the market everyday, every hour, every minute. It's not something you can just set it and forget it.

Nor can is it based on red light green lights as some would have you believe.

The thing is, it gets easier as you understand more about the market and or indicators, price patterns and etc. I've blown up many accounts either manually or by using expert advisor's, so not to say that I know what i'm talking about but I feel like i've been there and paid my dues a little bit. It's like paying tuition if you really think about it.

If your going to be a Doctor your expected to spend years in school studying, and then years afterwards practicing with experienced doctors looking over your shoulder. The same can be said about any profession. Trading is the same, you cannot expect to make hundred's of thousand's of dollars like a Doctor does with only 1 to 2 months of learning and experience. It's simply not possible, and if anyone tells you that much they're trying to scam you.

I have yet to encounter an EA that makes money all the time, there is not a single one yet that will not lose at least occasionally. If there was such a thing Hedge FUnds that have billions invested with some of the top financial minds holding CFA PHD etc designations would corner the markets. And they do not, they return only 20% annually at best. Think about that, people who are a lot smarter and richer then the rest of us only return at best 20% annually.

So if you're willing to pay your dues and put in a great deal of time learning about the markets, indicators, price patterns, a little bit of programming and etc.. Be disciplined and control your emotions -- you will make it - you will be successful.

It requires the conviction to be a master of trading, and a master of yourself.

Goodluck!

drgoodvibe

I haven't poured through all the EA statistics yet. I've just glanced at them. Obviously, I'll need to review them in more detail. But, according to this site's plug to sign up for the Elite section, it says: "Trading Systems Leaders in this forum (automated trading systems) are winning more than 3000 pips in a month" I thought I remember someplace saying that was since 2006, though I could be mistaken. At any rate, even with some loosing streaks, 3000 pips a month should be enough to make trillions of dollars.

Obviously, there is something wrong with this picture, I'm just trying to figure out what it is.

To me, forex is just a series of "lesson learned"

hopefully not forever though

TraderGuy:
I haven't poured through all the EA statistics yet. I've just glanced at them. Obviously, I'll need to review them in more detail. But, according to this site's plug to sign up for the Elite section, it says: "Trading Systems Leaders in this forum (automated trading systems) are winning more than 3000 pips in a month" I thought I remember someplace saying that was since 2006, though I could be mistaken. At any rate, even with some loosing streaks, 3000 pips a month should be enough to make trillions of dollars. Obviously, there is something wrong with this picture, I'm just trying to figure out what it is.

It is because we can not attach all EAs to one Metatrader to use without problems

It is better to look at every EA separatedly because I don't think that someone will use 3 or even 5 EAs in one copy of Metatrader: EAs are too different ... So it is the better to discuss EAs separatedly from each other because it is more close to reality.

newdigital:
It is because we can not attach all EAs to one Metatrader to use without problems It is better to look at every EA separatedly because I don't think that someone will use 3 or even 5 EAs in one copy of Metatrader: EAs are too different ... So it is the better to discuss EAs separatedly from each other because it is more close to reality.

I did look through the results, and it showed maybe one EA great for some pair, and some other EA would be good for another pair. I guess I need to start actually playing with an EA to start to get a better idea of what you are saying.

But, if running too many EAs on one Metatrader and/or one computer is too much, what's the problem with getting another computer and/or forex account? If I'm going to make a trillion dollars this year, I think I could afford a couple of computers.

By the way, I've seen you've put a lot of work into this forum. Thanks.

You can always ask on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173397 mentioned some EAs/broker and I will always tell you my opinion about what is bad and what is good with some EAs.

My opinion can be different from yours but any way it will help you to select something.

well considering the fact that the market is totaly random and by no means is anyone capable of predicting where the price go next ( I have done the W1,D1,H4 strategies), there are two strategies that could have chance of eventually winning.

1- get in and get out quickly, ride the moves on daily bases

2- buy an leave it until in profit. no matter how long it take.of course you will need a lot of money in your account.

Remember there is no direct relevance between winning trades and intelligence as such, as it was suggested, though it helps you lossing senselessly. smart people know when to stop. Fund managers and smart people also lose by billions.

this is the reason I am looking for a software based system to trade for me. unfortunately I am not capable of monitoring trades for hours and I am in a unfavorable time zone.

I use right now PipmakerEa.v10 on live Micro for $1 profit target and it has been successful up to now. it gets in and collects $1 or more bucks and gets out or just hangs there till profit reached. it is a combination of two strategies as I mentioned above.

Good luck,

Ross.

Per the Poll

The two of you who are making buckets of money......... care to share your secret with the class.

What system on here makes 3000 pips a month?

I notice that when someone posts some system they are usually savaged. All the naysayers attack. Or numbers of people want to change the system to this or that. I'm just looking for something that has a real promise of working and I'd be thankful to get all the help I can get.

I have tried a # of EA's and none of them are worth a flip. I see all these glowing reports but when I try them if they do work at first they always blow up in a few weeks.

I'm not loosing my shirt only because I have been using a demo but its been wiped out several times.

HELP !!

Thanks

forexforfun

i will never go behind martingale system, simply because they blow up account now or later.

I can still say predator is good if put 50 000 and drive 0.1 slots ..it win everx trade and make in day about 2000 $

And its martingale so small accout will blow up.

In real money miniaccout i have goldwarrior and plan to put also scalpnet 1.5

In 2 demo i run few versions of stepma eas.

All this simply from test reports.

But like newdital say..here is about 60% eas he not tested.

So always keep eyes open.

Reason: