Hello All Traders and MQL coders,
I have no knowledge of MQL programming, so if anyone can code this simple EA then I will be really very very thankful to him and this will be counted as very kind Help! What I actually need is:
1) Note the price of GBP/USD at 7am (GMT 0)
2) And put two orders at the same time, one long and one short. Long should be open when price goes 40 points up when it was noted at 7am. And put a short order when price comes 40 points down from the price of 7am.
3) Triggered order should be closed with +5 only. I mean if price goes up then it should be open after 40 points up and then close after just +5 points. And same for short position.
I know my english is bad, so lets understand this with an example:
If at 7am GMT, the price of pair is 1.2050 then put two orders: long from 1.2090 with target 1.2095 and stoploss to 1.2070. And short order from 1.2010 with target 1.2005 with stoploss 1.2030.
I think the things is much clear now! And I think this is really very easy for pros. so please give me few of your valued minutes and just code this EA for me. I dont care how this will work for backtest, I just need it to make something clear
Thanks so much in advance for all who code this or read and reply
Sorry again for my bad English if you bother by it.
The attached EA might do what you expect (?).
Drop it on GBPUSD,H1
* SAMPLE_HOUR is the hour at which to sample the price (bid price)
* EXPIRES is the number of hours past SAMPLE_HOUR to expire
* OP is the pips offset off sample price required to trigger trade
* TP is the takeprofit pips offset off open price
* SL is the stoploss pips offset off open price
* lots is the trade size
Can you add in the SL target also as mentioned above. So, I guess if my broker is GMT-2 then I just need to put -2 in the TimeZone field, correct?
soooo..this is a 5 pip possible profit to a 20 pip stop...so does this mean that it must win 4 out of 5 trades? just to breakeven...?
Maybe if traded on 4 pair it would work out....
This is scary, but I am not forced to test it I know..
LOL If you please post yolur results
I added a "hidden stoploss" function to it; updated the previous attachment.
And, yes, you set the timezone of your broker: the offset off GMT.
So I'm to assume that at 07:00 GMT a currency moves at least 40 pips, it will move 45 and 'arsenic786' has tested this theory for months.
EDIT: @ralph.ronnquist - can you make the settings a little more user friendly so we can change TP, the pip values that the Buy/Sell Limit trades are made, SL, etc. Thank you
I was thinking maybe these three pair...not four :
late edit...I have that bad habit...
The reason I want to test those three pair at the same time is that they represent different currencies. Usually if I can get those to work...It can be fairly consistent.
..but everything can go terribly bad with IBFX and their "smoothing-of-the-feed" habits...we need breakouts to work and to work often with this sort of SL.
These three pair have similar or higher ATR's...
Also ralph.ronnquist has wisely hidden the SL...
do these orders cancel after one is hit for one trade a day?
No worries; I made it all be parameters:
I'm not sure how long I'll be inclined to update this EA, but as a process meanwhile, I'd like further suggestions to be seconded before I look at them. That is, one person may suggest a change or update, and at least one other person must concur to that change or update before I'll look at it.
Also, I'm not back testing or forward testing this EA myself (yet).