Can anyone code this simple EA? - page 2

Ralph please guide me

ralph.ronnquist:
The attached EA might do what you expect (?). Drop it on GBPUSD,H1

Hello there again,

Ralph please guide me how can I test this EA on strategy tester or whatever you know. I mean simply how can i test it on past data?

Thanks again in advance!

Best Regards.

The first, and perhaps most important, step is to put the mq4 file in the "experts" sub directory of your MetaTrader installation directory. Then restart (or start) the terminal, which will compile and add the EA among its expert advisors.

When that's done, it's merely a case of opening the strategy tester dialog, set up the desired test case, including using "every tick" mode, and run it.

Should my computer be on or off?

ES

ralph.ronnquist:
The first, and perhaps most important, step is to put the mq4 file in the "experts" sub directory of your MetaTrader installation directory. Then restart (or start) the terminal, which will compile and add the EA among its expert advisors. When that's done, it's merely a case of opening the strategy tester dialog, set up the desired test case, including using "every tick" mode, and run it.

Thanks To Ralph!

ralph.ronnquist:
The first, and perhaps most important, step is to put the mq4 file in the "experts" sub directory of your MetaTrader installation directory. Then restart (or start) the terminal, which will compile and add the EA among its expert advisors. When that's done, it's merely a case of opening the strategy tester dialog, set up the desired test case, including using "every tick" mode, and run it.

Ralph I did the same but there is no results in results tab

I just did as you said. for every tick, H1 time Frame, GBP/USD. I also used date range and without date range, but same result. no results prduced.

and if you checked it, can you please show the screenshot if possible.

Can you please help more if I am missing something.

Best Regards.

Would have been worth me testing it, yes :-) I've uploaded a corrected version, which makes trades.

ralph.ronnquist:
Would have been worth me testing it, yes :-) I've uploaded a corrected version, which makes trades.

Yes its working very fine now

Thanks again and GOD BLESS YOU!

Best Regards,

Arsenic.

Thanks ralph..I turned my computer on..

ES

ralph.ronnquist:

ElectricSavant:
Thanks ralph..I turned my computer on..

ES

Mmm; though, this method might work better with it off....

@ralph - does your EA put a little dot on the chart when the trades happen?

the op didn't work...

Reason: