Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 2

Hello project1972.

as usual you made te best one can find, i thank you for all.

giapel:
hi, Project

thank you very much for hard work, i am starting with demo account.

i' d ask you if can post Elite_FTP_v1 displayed on first post, now i am using Bal_eq_ind.

thanks in advance

best ragards

giapel

Giapel, Elite_FTP is a private FTP software to upload all the account data to a private server for further analysis of account stats.

What you want is probably the EliteAccoutAnalizer indicator, this also a private Indicator and I am not the original Author of this indicator, because that I am not allowed to distribute, Sorry but I have to respect others authors desire. Those tools are private and not available for sale either

chawichsak:
Hello. dear,

I try to test this EA in IBFX demo mini account,but why they open trade with 0.01 lot even I change to 1 lot in EA setting.

Thank in advance.

Cha.

To increase the Lot size you have 2 options, or you disable the MM to use a manual lot size or you increase the MM

To disable it set this parameter to 0

MMType=1; // Type of MM | 0=No MM | 1=Universal MM

To increase it, you have 2 MM one for Alpha9 engine and another for SRSI engine, increase one or both.

risk =0.1; // Risk used on the MM

SRSI_Risk =0.1; // Risk used on the SRSI trader.

But.....be aware of potential risk of higher MM, you can bust the accout in not time.

There are 2 others parameters that should be revised if you change the MM to a higher value.

AccountEquityPercentProtection=90;

PercentEquityTrailing =2;

Tipicaly you should decrease the AccountEquityPercentProtection 10for each 0.1 increase on the MM risk.

Tipicaly you should increase the PercentEquityTrailing 2 for each 0.1 increase on the risk.

But please recheck my previous post about worst case scenario, are you account funded enough to afford the max potential drawdown and consecutive losses ? If the EA started with 0.01 lot I guess not, you will last only few days if you increase the lot size to 1

Risk control is the name of our game, understand it before attempt to trade ANY System.

newdigital:
The other question.

Sorry I confused with this one because mini, micro and standard lot size may be different:

For example, if someone wants to use it with 0.1 lot with North finance, Alpari, Fibo Group, Lite forex or any similar so which deposit size should be in this case? 10,000 or 100,000? can we reduce testing pairs to test 1,000 deposite or 5,000?

It should be 100,000 The MultiTimeframe engine trade frequently and it can open up to 5 trades on each pair, it need room to allow some drawdown without put the account in high risk, get up to 10,000 pips drawdown is possible although not frequently, but if that worst case scenario happen we should not risk over 10% of the account, at this point the Equitystop will trigger.

10,000 pips can be a lot, but its not if we use a low MM and we think that the EA did 15,000 pips gross profit in 3 months. "In theory", the EA have a potential of about 30,000 net pips yearly profit and 10,000 pips drawdown. Of course, this depend of market condition and the validity of backtester results, and we know that we can't trust on any of both.

The most affordable option is use the EA at IBFX on a mini 1,000 account OR Alpari UK have microlots, in this case a 10,000 account at Alpari is ok.

I should add that the worst performer broker is IBFX, it work but the EA perform way better on NF, FXDD or Alpari UK, maybe it's because IBFX data filter.

Also IBFX now are deleting the older trades on demo account, the statement look truncated !!

Is preferable to trade all pairs because some pairs can end the year in negative if there is not enough trending and a lot of reversals or failed trends, but we can't predict the future and know which pair will trend and which pair not.

Let me explain why we should be careful with the MM, probably you still don't are familiarized enough with Trend-Following strategies.

Trend Following Definition - From Way of the Turtle Book page22 Author Curtis M Faith

In trend following, the trader attempts to capitalize on large price movements over the course of several months. Trend followers enter trades when markets are at historical highs or lows, sometimes buying dips or selling rallies within the main trend, and exit or reverse positions when a market reverse and sustain that movement for a few weeks.

Traders spend a lot of time developing methods to determine when a trend has begun and when has ended; however, ALL the approaches that are effective have very similar performance characteristics. Trend following generates excellent returns and has done consistently for as long as anyone has traded futures contracts, but it is not an easy strategy for most people to follow for several reasons.

Trend Following systems lose when trends reverse. A common expression that trend followers use is "The trend is your friend until the end when it bends"

The bends at the end can be brutal both on your account and on your psyche.

Traders refer to these losing periods as drawdowns. Drawdowns usually begin after a trendy period ends, but they can continue for months when markets are choppy, and the trend-following strategies continue generating losing trades.

Drawdowns generally are measured in terms of both, their length (in days or months) and their extent (usually in percentage terms)

As general rule one can expect drawdowns for trend following systems to approach the level of returns. Thus, is a trend following system is expected to generate a 30 percent annual return, you can expect a losing period in which the account may drop 30 percent from its highs.

Trend following requires a relative large amount of money to trade using reasonable risk limits because of the large distance between the entry price and the stop loss price at which one would exit if the trade did not work out.

Trading a trend following strategy with too little money greatly increase the add of going bust.

giapel:
hi, Project

thank you very much for hard work, i am starting with demo account.

i' d ask you if can post Elite_FTP_v1 displayed on first post, now i am using Bal_eq_ind.

thanks in advance

best ragards

giapel

Hi giapel,

- You may use the same indicatior which I am using https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173442/page2

- The other versions are here https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page11#comment_193720

- The other versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177132

And some more is on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177664

That is very generous of you to share this EA, project1972. No doubt you will be busy answering questions from now on ...

I like to watch what is happening in real-time on my charts just so I can get a feel of what's what. Are the HA smoothed and VHF indicators all that's needed to demonstrate what's going on insIde the EA?

This is my first closed trade on USD/JPY,Also I test on EU/US and US/CHF Thanks .Project

Files:
alpha9.gif  65 kb

[attach]46951[/attach] [attach]46952[/attach]

Files:
alpha9.1.gif  18 kb
alpha9.2.gif  19 kb

Sadly:
That is very generous of you to share this EA, project1972. No doubt you will be busy answering questions from now on ... I like to watch what is happening in real-time on my charts just so I can get a feel of what's what. Are the HA smoothed and VHF indicators all that's needed to demonstrate what's going on insIde the EA?

Not really, The Trend direction is taken for the HAS indicators, and if UseMomentumDeviation=false the Buy and Sell signals are taken Exactly using the same method freely distributed by Don Steinitz, But if we use UseMomentumDeviation=True we replace the confirmation of the last Timeframe with the MomentumDeviation function, with it we measure the acceleration of the countertrend to try to predict the reversal point way early than the HAS confirmation. It work better to give early entry that the default Don method but it also can have too early entries and suffer drawdown. but in general the results are way better using the MomentumDeviation function.

The MomentumDeviation also use one MA as main indicator and the VHF as confirmation.

There is also others comparison like the position of the MA 200 days. At first the signal logic is a little complicated to understand, the objective of all those verification is help the EA to avoid trading when currencies are in a probably trend change or choppy market, and push the gas to floor when conditions appear favorable.

The RSI-R2 engine also use a comparison of the Last 3 days RSI and the position of price in relation to the MA 200, his signals appear in the chart with a yellow arrow.

RSI-R2 engine also use a PSAR Trailing stop.

It will be difficult to see each indicator align in the chart, you know why ?

There are 5 MTF independent trading engines and 1 RSI-R2 engine that's a total of 61 indicators loaded on each pair !!!!!!!!!! that's why you need to limit the bars used to help the CPU and Memory, if not you will need 4-8 GB of ram to only start the EA on all pairs. Limiting the amount of bars on each chart to 1000 you successfully will reduce memory consumption to something like 400Kb, that's more than reasonable to run one MT terminal.

Reason: