MACD indicator - page 141

mladen:

I don't remember exactly, but there were some "guessing games" as of what wave trend oscillator is. Anyway, since the most common argument was that it is a macd, here is a comparison. They look similar. And that is it. Starting from the fact that wave trend is normalized (and that makes the usage of levels logical and useful) to quite a few other things, I can tell that, even though some of the math in macd and wave trend is similar, that they are not the same and that in a lot of things they are very different. And that that difference make the usage of new name (the name was not invented by me :)) completely justified - since they are not the same indicator at all

Dearest MLADEN

Yes,you are exact right,i experimenting/fine tuning on almost every of your indicator , for to search out where it best sit and maximum possible fits within required strategy.and i found wave trend osci is really unique than most of other filtering tools,it act too sharp close to price action even some times on first candle it take turn,nice for sudden price hikes...... when i do not find any macd acting alike.

any way who named it :):)

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Yes,you are exact right,i experimenting/fine tuning on almost every of your indicator , for to search out where it best sit and maximum possible fits within required strategy.and i found wave trend osci is really unique than most of other filtering tools,it act too sharp close to price action even some times on first candle it take turn,nice for sudden price hikes...... when i do not find any macd acting alike.

any way who named it :):)

Oh, there were a couple (on other forums too :))

We started a wider guessing game :)

Some old stuff,

Visual macd,on chart ver and sw ..... ignore on chart blue magenta line that is from an other indicator.

For users of macd : here is a version that display macd on the main chart

PS: this indicator is using the built in metatrader 4 macd indicator

Files:

Just a simple trick : the on-chart macd already has a possibility to have multi color histogram part too. Change colors 1 and 2 to desired colors (and style) and you can get two color histogram part too

Here is an example where the style is changed too and we can get this silly looking histogram

mladen:

Just a simple trick : the on-chart macd already has a possibility to have multi color histogram part too. Change colors 1 and 2 to desired colors (and style) and you can get two color histogram part too

Here is an example where the style is changed too and we can get this silly looking histogram

Dearest MLADEN

It was real needs for such (on chart indicators) a thread.thanks for initiation.

can i ask why in macd on chart tricky tip,in lower part the color lines are straight horizontally and in upper portion these lines are drawn parallel to main/signal line.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

It was real needs for such (on chart indicators) a thread.thanks for initiation.

can i ask why in macd on chart tricky tip,in lower part the color lines are straight horizontally and in upper portion these lines are drawn parallel to main/signal line.

regards

That is how metatrader aligns the different styles of lines. That, I am afraid, I can not make symmetrical

metal30:

Hi all

Do you have a lighter/newer/better version of this, thanks 

seems to run very heavy on multiple charts  

?

It calculates only as many bars as you have on chart (visible bars). That indicator can not be heavy on your terminal. Tested it on 10 simultaneous charts and all is working OK. Check something else that is slowing you down since the on chart macd is not causing you a problem

Hi all

Do you have a lighter/newer/better version of this, thanks 

seems to run very heavy on multiple charts  

mladen:

?

It calculates only as many bars as you have on chart (visible bars). That indicator can not be heavy on your terminal. Tested it on 10 simultaneous charts and all is working OK. Check something else that is slowing you down since the on chart macd is not causing you a problem

must be something else then, froze in todays action on 9 pairs 2000 bars, thanks
Reason: