MACD indicator - page 45

Helo Mladen

Dear Mladen,

Greetings!

Any indication for this indicator?

harrytn:
Dear Mladen,

Again bother you.

I am using #MTF MACD indicator with 3 type’s level setup, would you kindly help me to program the levels in auto mode for the presented pairs as follows:

1. Level 4.5 / -4.5 presented on XAUUSD.

2. Level 0.45 / -0.45 presented on GBPJPY, EURJPY, AUDJPY, NZDJPY, USDJPY, CADJPY & CHFJPY.

3. Level 0.0045 / -0.0045 presented on GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD & USDCHF.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

harrytn

MACD is an unbounded indicator.

Let me explain what does it mean : it will have completely different extreme values from symbol to symbol (which you already noticed) but also from time frame to time frame. MACD of 1 minute chart is going to have much, mach smaller values than monthly chart for example. Here is an example with MACD values from a minute to 1 month in a same sub-window : as you can see the values they are having are completely different (there is no error on that chart : 1 minute MACD seems to be like a flat line simply because MACD values for 1 minute time frameare so small compared to monthly MACD).

Because of that, whatever you make with MACD levels you will end up adjusting levels every time you change not just symbol but time frame too since those levels will not be meaningful any more, Making it as parameters or making it as usual levels does not matter : you will have to manually adjust those (or you will have to predict levels for each and every symbol and also for each and every time frame, which is simply highly impractical to code

harrytn:
Dear Mladen,

Greetings!

Any indication for this indicator?
Files:
all_macd.gif  30 kb

Dear Mladen

Many thanks for explanation.

Thank you

Hi Mladen,

It's possible to have the bebeshel dema macd whithout repainting ?

Thanks !

Big Joe

Which one exactly are you referring to (since the "zones" versions should not repaint - in multi time frame mode they work as any other multi time frame indicator, but as far as repainting is concerned they should not repaint)?

Big Joe:
Hi Mladen,

It's possible to have the bebeshel dema macd whithout repainting ?

Thanks !

mladen:
Big Joe Which one exactly are you referring to (since the "zones" versions should not repaint - in multi time frame mode they work as any other multi time frame indicator, but as far as repainting is concerned they should not repaint)?

The latest you posted the ones with alerts and all.

Because on gbpjpy i see a block of 4 bars changing colors under my eyes !!! From rose to blue, and after from blue to rose !!!

Maybe there is a setting i ddidn't understand well.

I make a try and put "0" in time frame.

Big Joe

You are right I saw it right now too, but so far I can not find where the error is. As soon as I find it, will post the corrected version

Big Joe:
The latest you posted the ones with alerts and all.

Because on gbpjpy i see a block of 4 bars changing colors under my eyes !!! From rose to blue, and after from blue to rose !!!

Maybe there is a setting i ddidn't understand well.

I make a try and put "0" in time frame.

mladen:
Big Joe You are right I saw it right now too, but so far I can not find where the error is. As soon as I find it, will post the corrected version

Ah Mladen,

I put "0" in time frame and "1" in PRICE, and it seems to work, just had a change of 1 bar only.

Big Joe

These should be the correct one. As far as I was testing it and comparing it to DEMA MACD it is working correctly now and the repainting issue should be solved in this one (tested it in run-time as well as in back-test and I haven't noticed those issues now). Here s how it compares to DEMA MACD now

Big Joe:
Ah Mladen, I put "0" in time frame and "1" in PRICE, and it seems to work, just had a change of 1 bar only.

mladen:
Big Joe

These should be the correct one. As far as I was testing it and comparing it to DEMA MACD it is working correctly now and the repainting issue should be solved in this one (tested it in run-time as well as in back-test and I haven't noticed those issues now). Here s how it compares to DEMA MACD now

Hey Mladen,

Thanks for the fast / wonderful support

Have a nice day or night

Reason: