MACD indicator - page 38

(Req) Adaptive MACD

Can someone please share the Adaptive MACD indicator for Metatrader4? I have searched the web but been unable to find it... Thanks.

MACD indicator that does smoothed, simple, weighted e.t.c

Is there a MACD indicator for MT4, that besides actually displaying the line and histogram correctly (which we all know it does not), allows you to select from different moving averages, such as exponential, weighted, smoothed, simple e.t.c

agisthos:
Is there a MACD indicator for MT4, that besides actually displaying the line and histogram correctly (which we all know it does not), allows you to select from different moving averages, such as exponential, weighted, smoothed, simple e.t.c

Yes there are few MACD here. You can try look for it from New Digital post on 1st page.

arslanx:
Please tell me, which timeframe is best for MACD: 5M, 15M, 30M or 1H?

15M and 1H are good for trading, you cant go wrong with these

MACD Line colour change when changing direction - Help Me please...

Hi friends,

I'm a newbie and need help.

I need a MACD 2 line + histogram indicator with folowing request :

* MACD Line changing direction --> changing color

* MACD Histogram 4 color --> below zero (up, down) & above zero (up, down)

can somebody help me ? tks

Rudy

One more for the collection

This one adds deviation bands to it. The greatest difference is that deviation is a deviation of a sample (unlike the built in standard deviation indicator) What is interesting that even with the most ordinary parameters there are for those 2 indicators (12,26 MACD and 14 periods for deviations) it behaves in a remarkably consistent manner : when there is a move, macd is comfortably nested between 1 and 2 deviations and it does it so often that it seems that a cross of a 1 deviation line back can almost be used as an early reversal signal.

PS: central line is a simple moving average (it is calculated the same way as in a built in macd) and that is done in order to keep the deviations at their original place (since the deviation function implicitly uses simple moving average in its calculation) which seems, after all, to give good results

macd_color mtf

gcgman:
Hi Preston,

There are dozens of different versions of colored macd. The pictures below are two of my favorite. In the first picture the macd histogram changes color based on if it is going up or down. The second picture shows the macd as a line and signal with a histogram of the difference called osma. Pink indicates macd going down, blue indicates macd going up and yellow indicates going in the same direction as the last color but the difference with the signal is getting smaller.

Notice that the best trades are in the direction of the 20 and 50 moving averages. With a good filter such as the ASI with a 8 ema imposed, you can find some good counter trends and reversals. I am including both versions of macd and the rsi.

good luck,

gcgman

hi there, is there any way your indis could be made into an mtf? they are really good

By someone better than I

ahamed:
hi there, is there any way your indis could be made into an mtf? they are really good

The files I furnished are mq4 files so a good programmer could dissect them and come up with MTF versions. I am not a good programmer. I just know how to make small insignificant changes to suit my style. Perhaps you could appeal to one of the many good programmers at this website.

Kind regards,

gcgman

Many Thanks Mr. Tools!

Wow! I should be used to it by now but you always amaze me. This is like Christmas come early! I have downloaded these and I am eager to test them next week to see how they work with my strategies.

Friendly regards,

gcgman

Preston46:
Hi

i am new to Forex and reading everything i can get my hands on, looking at my demo account META4 how can i change the colour on MACD IE green and red, is it possible to also add extra indicaters to the MACD

any help wouldd be appreciated

Hi Preston,

There are dozens of different versions of colored macd. The pictures below are two of my favorite. In the first picture the macd histogram changes color based on if it is going up or down. The second picture shows the macd as a line and signal with a histogram of the difference called osma. Pink indicates macd going down, blue indicates macd going up and yellow indicates going in the same direction as the last color but the difference with the signal is getting smaller.

Notice that the best trades are in the direction of the 20 and 50 moving averages. With a good filter such as the ASI with a 8 ema imposed, you can find some good counter trends and reversals. I am including both versions of macd and the asi.

good luck,

gcgman

Files:
4hr-macd2.gif  27 kb
4hr-macd.gif  30 kb
asi.mq4  3 kb
Reason: