Regression Analysis - page 4

muadib:
Can someone please program-in an alert if the price crosses the line

This is a great idea, and I thank Igorad for doing this.

Looks like you are trading this successfully, despite the fact that those lines do "repaint" and looks like you are trading it on a breach of the 3rd deviation.

igorad:
Updated version of PolyFitBands with new options:

- shift in bars

- alert when price crosses Upper or Lower bands

Thanks for the new version

lepiricus

Yes, I take the trade after the 3rd level has been breached.

- Upper 3rd level for short if the trend is going downwards.

- Lower 3rd level for Long if the trend is going upwards.

Works for now

p.s.: sorry for my english

muadib:
Thanks for the new version

lepiricus

Yes, I take the trade after the 3rd level has been breached.

- Upper 3rd level for short if the trend is going downwards.

- Lower 3rd level for Long if the trend is going upwards.

Works for now

p.s.: sorry for my english

Your English is fine, and nobody can argue with a method that works. I've noticed that fit mode 1 doesn't repaint and I will by toying with that.

Igorad's addition of the alert has made my day. I can go back and demo this now since it has alert.

If it is like his other indicators alert mode 1 is audio and alert mode 2 is email alert.

So far I came to the conclusion that you would need to have very wide t/p and s/l levels for it to work (longterm I mean).

Files:
hja.jpg  457 kb

muadib:
So far I came to the conclusion that you would need to have very wide t/p and s/l levels for it to work (longterm I mean).

Hi,

This are only indicators, no more no less.

We need a system or method to define SL or TP and even that task is beyond the selected method.

Linuxser:
Hi,

We need a system or method to define SL or TP and even that task is beyond the selected method.

Might be an plausible entry point for trades

Files:
tocheck.jpg  405 kb

muadib:
Might be an plausible entry point for trades

Could be, but be careful with the last indicator last time I saw the code it repainted.

Linuxser:
Could be, but be careful with the last indicator last time I saw the code it repainted.

Yeah it repaints , but it does help you to identify when the trend continuation occours ( trend is your friend, etc ).

Polynomial Volatility (PolyFitVolty_v1) is standard deviation of polynomial regression.

Please try to compare with StdDev and ATR.

Files:

Linuxser:
Hi,

The seperation indicator could be useful in filtering out trades that could continue beyond the bands. For example, enter when 3rd bands breached unless seperation > 8.

Files:
sep-poly.gif  13 kb
Reason: