Buy/Sell Pressure Indicator - page 3

Dear Mladen,

Thank you for the consideration. To resolve the buffer limitation issue, is it possible to split the indicator into two or three separate indies that can be applied in the same chart window? for example, each volume component can be it's separate indi (total volume, buy pressure volume, sell pressure volume)

To bypass the overlap of the drawn buffer, switch the buy and sell pressure volumes to line instead of histogram. Just keep total volume as histogram.

Thanks,

Pip

Dear Mladen,

I think I was able to create a very simple indi . Tell me what you think?

We can consider this as version 1.0 and a starting point.

Known issues:

1) Smoothing is not introduced to any value: original indi is Triple EMA smoothed, will have to determine best smoothing for implementation

2) Proper handling of Zero divide: currently a crude MathMax method is used instead of "If..then" statement

3) Volume/Price Divergence Alert: Intra bars volume divergence

4) Volume Price Anomaly Alert: Inter bar volume/price discrepancy

Pip

Hi Techmac,

Not necessarily my friend; activity, as proxy, works fine for me and this precisely what MT4 provides.

Cheers,

Pip

techmac:
Isn't it better not to use volumes on metatrader? That example is for an exmple using stocks (where volumes mean something) but metatrader does not have anything even close to real volumes

Pip:
Dear Mladen,

I think I was able to create a very simple indi . Tell me what you think?

We can consider this as version 1.0 and a starting point.

Known issues:

1) Smoothing is not introduced to any value: original indi is Triple EMA smoothed, will have to determine best smoothing for implementation

2) Proper handling of Zero divide: currently a crude MathMax method is used instead of "If..then" statement

3) Volume/Price Divergence Alert: Intra bars volume divergence

4) Volume Price Anomaly Alert: Inter bar volume/price discrepancy

Pip

Pip

Added tema smoothing to the indicator. You can have separate tema smoothing for volumes (for default I set it to no smoothing, but using a VolumeSmooth > 1 will turn on the volume smoothing too). Also, the zero divide handling the way you have done it is not a bad solution at all, so I left it is is

mladen:
Pip Added tema smoothing to the indicator. You can have separate tema smoothing for volumes (for default I set it to no smoothing, but using a VolumeSmooth > 1 will turn on the volume smoothing too). Also, the zero divide handling the way you have done it is not a bad solution at all, so I left it is is

Dear Mladen,

Thank you very much sir. Will continue testing and figuring out how to enhance the indi.

Cheers,

Pip

techmac:
Isn't it better not to use volumes on metatrader? That example is for an exmple using stocks (where volumes mean something) but metatrader does not have anything even close to real volumes

Techmac I found this.

Forex Volume � The Myfxbook Blog

Forex Brokers Volume Comparison And Analysis | Myfxbook

Looks to be real Forex Volume. But how to obtain this data from these sources and how to put into indicator form?

Up until now it was impossible to know and compare volumes of different brokers. Why would one want to do that you may ask? The answer is that higher volume means higher liquidity which translates to lower (or better) spreads. Now you can view and compare forex broker volumes in real time for over 80 different brokers! You can see which brokers have the lowest volumes and which ones have the highest volumes for over 100 different currencies.

Would be interesting if someone could obtain all the Volume Data from all 80 or how ever many brokers it takes to make the Forex markets move.

And take that data and maybe average them out some how.

And figure out a way to provide REAL Forex Volume data.

So maybe this way we would know exactly which pair too trade.

You ever had a setup that is great for finding trades. But not all of the trades go as plan.

They look like they will go but then just don't have the juice to go like you thought it would.

Or maybe your one of those Support and Resistance traders and you need price to break through a certain S/R area on your chart to take your trade. It sure would be nice to know that price would more than likely have the juice to break those barriers.

Or that price will more than likely have the juice to follow thru with your trade taking setup.

How powerful a tool would price action be to a trader if he or she can gauge the strength in what price is doing?

Pretty powerful I think.

So can actual Forex Volume be achieved? I think yeah probably.

Can it be converted into practical trading use, yeah probably.

But, will anyone do it?

I think some place somewhere, someone already has.

ish

ismael360:
Techmac I found this.

Forex Volume � The Myfxbook Blog

Forex Brokers Volume Comparison And Analysis | Myfxbook

Looks to be real Forex Volume. But how to obtain this data from these sources and how to put into indicator form?

Would be interesting if someone could obtain all the Volume Data from all 80 or how ever many brokers it takes to make the Forex markets move.

And take that data and maybe average them out some how.

And figure out a way to provide REAL Forex Volume data.

So maybe this way we would know exactly which pair too trade.

You ever had a setup that is great for finding trades. But not all of the trades go as plan.

They look like they will go but then just don't have the juice to go like you thought it would.

Or maybe your one of those Support and Resistance traders and you need price to break through a certain S/R area on your chart to take your trade. It sure would be nice to know that price would more than likely have the juice to break those barriers.

Or that price will more than likely have the juice to follow thru with your trade taking setup.

How powerful a tool would price action be to a trader if he or she can gauge the strength in what price is doing?

Pretty powerful I think.

So can actual Forex Volume be achieved? I think yeah probably.

Can it be converted into practical trading use, yeah probably.

But, will anyone do it?

I think some place somewhere, someone already has.

ish

Thanks for the links

What I am interested in is what is the date of that data? Is it run time data or a one time data collection result?

techmac:
Thanks for the links What I am interested in is what is the date of that data? Is it run time data or a one time data collection result?

I haven't confirmed this but it states,

Now you can view and compare forex broker volumes in real time for over 80 different brokers!

So Im guessing it's suppose to be in Real Time.

Meaning it should be run time data.

ish

Greetings All,

I have come to the conclusion that my version of the indicator is not accurate and thus I will need to go back to the drawing board. Please compare to images below.

The image below is my MT4 version on EURUSD 2013

The image below is the same time period but with the Amibroker version of the indicator (original version)

As you can see, the indicators look totally different. I believe my error steams from using the wrong formula and thus I will need to go back and determine the best way to implement the indicator.

Sorry about that.

Regards,

Pip

Files:

Hello Mladen,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you,

Pip

Reason: