Repainting indicators - page 17

Thanks but, still not right

mrtools:
Hi Gcgman, Try this one!

MrTools, your tireless efforts are genuinely apppreciated. However, just looking at your screen shot I see a problem. The magenta should never decrease in size when below zero, and aqua should never decrease in size when above zero. The concept here is that when MACD goes down the bars are magenta and when MACD goes up the bars are aqua. Except if the OSMA is decreasing. If the MACD is going down while the OSMA is below zero but, the OSMA is decreasing in size the bar should be yellow. Likewise, if the MACD is going up while the OSMA is above zero but, the OSMA is decreasing in size the bar should be yellow.

In in summary bars below zero getting longer should be magenta, bars below zero getting shorter should be yellow unless the MACD has turned up...then it would be aqua. And bars above zero getting longer should be aqua, bars above zero getting shorter should be yellow unless the MACD has turned down... then it should be magenta.

The attached screen shot shows how it should look. This is accomplished because I either, reloaded my template, closed the program and started it again, or I clicked on the OK button in the indicator box. All these things refresh the indicator with the correct colors. My problem as the screen shots in my original post show, is that if the program is left running sometimes pink is displayed when it should be yellow or yellow is displayed when it should be blue. I genereally go short when the bars are pink and long when the bars are blue but, if my Stochastic and OBV show a good chance of reversal then I will move on yellow so, you can see how this would mess me up. I'm sorry to be such a pill and I applaud your diligence and generosity...thank you very much for your efforts.

Kindest regards,

gcgman

Files:

Does This Indicator Repaint?

Greetings, can anyone tell me if this indicator repaints? Also, what timeframe it needs to be on, or does it even matter what timeframe since it is a Renko? Thank you.

Files:
renko_22.ex4  12 kb
renko_22.mq4  9 kb

try a simulator - see the nims thread for how to run a visual backtest on renko

Dreamliner:
Greetings, can anyone tell me if this indicator repaints? Also, what timeframe it needs to be on, or does it even matter what timeframe since it is a Renko? Thank you.

Hmmm, because it's renko, my gut feeling is it doesn't repaint.

Repainting solutions

Show us your repainting indicator and the best Guru-programmer may be will help you if it is true really to change some functions in the code. I have one likes this. Please help with MA Profit Indicator. It is draw the triangle signal line sometimes from the middle of candle repainting the dot-line from open price. I that case it do not work accurate and the second problem: it is repaint the colors when the signal is not sure about the way of the price or may be in the first 5-10 pips. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Very BIG 10X ! ! !

Files:

forexerof2011:
Show us your repainting indicator and the best Guru-programmer may be will help you if it is true really to change some functions in the code. I have one likes this. Please help with MA Profit Indicator. It is draw the triangle signal line sometimes from the middle of candle repainting the dot-line from open price. I that case it do not work accurate and the second problem: it is repaint the colors when the signal is not sure about the way of the price or may be in the first 5-10 pips. Can anyone help me with this problem? Very BIG 10X ! ! !

Even the Best Masters like Leonardo & Rembrandt repainted frequently...

For gcgman... version 3

I was intrigued by this indicator, so I looked it over. I fixed it up and also made it much more efficient. Enjoy!

Big Be

Files:

Pava:
Even the Best Masters like Leonardo & Rembrandt repainted frequently...

The triangles sometimes do not update when the signal changes from long to short. Is there anyway to get the screen to refresh at the change? In ref to Profit 2. I like the indicator.

Big Thanks for Big Be

Big Be:
I was intrigued by this indicator, so I looked it over. I fixed it up and also made it much more efficient. Enjoy! Big Be

Seems to work like it should. I will test the repainting issue when the markets open. Your efforts are deeply appreciated!

friendly regards,

gcgman

Waddah Attar Explosion is a repainting indicator?

Reason: