RSI-Alert-Indicator: Need help from coders! - page 10

bobzahra:

Dear Mladen,

Can you add MTF on that indicator...but i want i can set  independently..which i can use MTF for Bollinger or just use RSI or both; eg use RSI for current TF but use MTF bollinger at higher TF..is it possible?

What would be the purpose of combining two time frames of two different indicators?

I trade mostly  on 15M chart,and use RSI as momentum...but i trade in the direction bolinger band at higher TF lke H1 or H4,or sometimes i  want to see what RSI doing to at HTF...

bobzahra:

I trade mostly  on 15M chart,and use RSI as momentum...but i trade in the direction bolinger band at higher TF lke H1 or H4,or sometimes i  want to see what RSI doing to at HTF...

What I meant is the following : if you combine two time frames (independent time frames) for two indicators and seek for signals from such combination, that signal is going to repaint. No way to avoid that

mladen:
What I meant is the following : if you combine two time frames (independent time frames) for two indicators and seek for signals from such combination, that signal is going to repaint. No way to avoid that

how about only  bolinger section in that indicator having MTF...the trend of HTF is more important for me

bobzahra:

how about only  bolinger section in that indicator having MTF...the trend of HTF is more important for me

Read again mladen's last post. The next higher or next lower timeframe can only be used as agreement, it never is a signal - and indicators in mtf mode have to recalculate till the higher tf bar is closed, so the 'signal' have to repaint. If you look on 2 or 3 higher timeframes, the picture is very often totally different (4 x M15 = 1H and 16(!) x M15 = H4). On the choice of indicators I assume you're very new to financial markets. Bollinger Bands are only for newbies, looks good but live trading with them is confusing as hell - better don't loose time and money on them.

krelian99:
Read again mladen's last post. The next higher or next lower timeframe can only be used as agreement, it never is a signal - and indicators in mtf mode have to recalculate till the higher tf bar is closed, so the 'signal' have to repaint. If you look on 2 or 3 higher timeframes, the picture is very often totally different (4 x M15 = 1H and 16(!) x M15 = H4). On the choice of indicators I assume you're very new to financial markets. Bollinger Bands are only for newbies, looks good but live trading with them is confusing as hell - better don't loose time and money on them.

Yes you are right...maybe i did not delivered my request clearly

Basically, idon't use Bollinger Band, what i really like about Mladen's indicator above is RSI signal filtered by Bolinger Band or SMA,it will only give alert in direction of SMA..so iset the BB's deviation as small as possible to get the value of SMA (of course not exactly the same)..i use it not for reversal,because i never trade reversal..always follow the trend..as we can see in the chart i set BB period to 800 for approximity the value 200 EMA in H1..in this indicator i change SMA to EMA..with this indicator i won't be bothered by reversal signal..in downtrend is always red...may Mladen has a better solution.

bobzahra:

Please, if you intend to use it in mtf mode, then use it in mtf mode. using in "mixed mtf mode" when the indicator is made a repainting indicator artificially does not lead to usable results

Thank you Mladen for your explanation

mladen:

Use this one (it needed update anyway to work with the new metatrader 4) :

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
color_rsi_v1.02_nmc.mq4

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px}

Hi mladen!

If you can read please and help a poor italian scalper trader :-)

During the candles with blue arrows below (blu for example because color is limegreen, RSI is into oversold area too so I'd like to see on chart arrow too because otherwise (without RSI line below) how we do to know if RSI is always into oversold area? 

You can make these changes?

- eliminate RSI below (we have arrows!) 

- for the arrows there are 2 options how you prefer:

1) Draw arrows on all the candles that have RSI in area oversold/bought (like my image)

or

2) move the arrow (candle after candle) until RSI remains in area oversold/bought

Thanks in advance

mladen:

Use this one (it needed update anyway to work with the new metatrader 4) :

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
color_rsi_v1.02_nmc.mq4

What is the meaning of these inputs? 

"pepaintSignalStep" and "repaintSignalPrice"

Thank you! 

Reason: